What should i do with my mustang

Raspo93

Apr 6, 2011
So i have had a 2002 mustang gt with 43k miles for about a year now. I absolutely love the car but since Im a college student in Chicago area their are only two problems with it, terrible in winter and bad gas mileage. So i was thinking of selling it and buying something better in both those categories, but honestly i cant imagine driving anything but a mustang. So should i sell it ( guy already offered me 9k, but has to wait two weeks to get money) or keep it, and throw some winter tires on it. Also i have to figure out my gas mileage problem on it, I only get 10mpg and i did a full tune up which didnt improve my mpg at all. If i could manage to average 15mpg and be mobile enough in winter to make it to class i would no doubt keep it and modify it.

• Sponsors (?)

I get 22 mpg's in mixed hwy/city driving AND I have cams. On weeks where I'm hot rodding my car a lot I get maybe 16 MPG's. Something is seriously wrong with your car and if it were me I'd fix it. Do you constantly hot rod your car or sit in traffic for long periods at a time?

10 mpg? Wtf? I get 25 mixed mostly highway with my 96 gt (pi intake full exhaust Cai) and that's running the piss out of it. My 99 cobra gets 24mixed driving and its bone stock! Something seriously wrong with you're car! My z71 gets 16mpg and 9.5mpg when I pull my 8200lb camper.

I get 22 mpg's in mixed hwy/city driving AND I have cams. On weeks where I'm hot rodding my car a lot I get maybe 16 MPG's. Something is seriously wrong with your car and if it were me I'd fix it. Do you constantly hot rod your car or sit in traffic for long periods at a time?
If Nate ever goes Forced Air, his 98 is gonna be a beast.

If I'm having the knowlegdge about my car about 4 years ago, definantly would've saved up some "scratch" for the Coyote engine if I'm in need of a Mustang.

The mod engine is very dependable; which is what it was specifically desighned for, but the dang, the SN 95 chassis, frame, suspension needs more work every time the car senses someone has cash sitting around.

The new Dodge Challenger gets my vote, has warranty, cause you know I'm gonna drive the piss out the car, love the "throw back" desighn. If done right tune and all fast enough for me.