What will it take to beat an LS1?

MSP said:
@DocGTO

Hey Doc ol'buddy!! Do not let people at this website ignore this 05-V6 Mustang.. I am leaving it up to you to set things right.. This car is running a $600 Nitrous system which has been custom jetted.. Doc, you are the keeper of justice around here.. How can you allow this to be ignored?

Look at the 1/4 mile reciept..

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=569430&page=3&pp=25

Just scroll down the page..

Low 12s in anything is impressive! NO2 is the bang for the buck!

• Sponsors (?)

ThreeWhiteGT said:
Are you sure about that, because stock LS1's are low 13's and your '05 GT with all those mod's is still over 13.5

With good driving, but as we all know not everyone is a good driver. I have seen plenty of stock form LS1 trans ams and camaro's run their fair share of high 13's. Most low 13 LS1 I have seen have some mod or another done to them.

I've taken out my fair share of LS1's even bolt on ones. I just tend not to mess with my buddies cammed out Trans am. Then it's bye bye me :(

stupid cams :nonono: :owned:

ThreeWhiteGT said:
At Englishtown, almost all Trans Am's in stock class are running 13.0-13.4

It's possible an LS1 might hit higher then 13.6 if it's an auto with a loose plug wire.

here in sacremento raceway, CA all bone stock down to the paper air filter have hit as low as 13.4 to as high as 13.8. Keep in mind very very few LS1's coming through here are stock. And I have been very fortunate to know some of the people. I'm sure it vary's everywhere. Also depending on drivers. Kind of like Evan Smith running a 12.9 a few years back and most gm owners claiming their cars are high 12 sec stock which could very well be true but not every single person out there drives them to potential.

I've also seen stock 96-98 cobras run anywhere from 14.2 to 13.9 bone stock.

it's the same with any car. take your pick.

oh and don't start making assumptions or excuses and plug wires and hersey stuff like that. just take it as maybe some people either can't drive or not all LS1's hit the low 13 mark. :nice:

Alec said:
No, jackass, I own one :nice: Stripper 2001 Z28 six speed. The quality of that car leaves a lot to be desired :owned:

Wow. Just because you own a bad one doesn't mean they are all bad.

I've got a 2002 Z28 that's been much more reliable than the last two Fords I've had. My 2001 Cobra was the biggest pile of crap I've ever owned, and I've owned a LOT of new cars.

However, sample sizes of 1 are statistically meaningless.

jfischer said:
Wow. Just because you own a bad one doesn't mean they are all bad.

I've got a 2002 Z28 that's been much more reliable than the last two Fords I've had. My 2001 Cobra was the biggest pile of crap I've ever owned, and I've owned a LOT of new cars.

However, sample sizes of 1 are statistically meaningless.
Oh, I know, I was just pretty pissed to have so much f*** up so soon.
The rear-end
The roof
Oil consumption
Piston slap.
You know as well as I do that those are not isolated problems :nonono:
but they are fixable.
Listen, I think I was more pissed about the service after the sale! Hearing its normal, normal, NORMAL..kinda wore me out.

F-body LS1 perfect drag car.....
They are fast out of the box; no modification needed to beat a GT. Plus you could order them with no options :D kinda like the 91 notch I had.(God I miss that car)
I think we all like rear drive muscle cars, and the stripped Z28 was the bargain of the decade.
Ford needs a stripper V8 stang, LX If you will. I don't want leather, bells, and bling in a muscle car, but thats the way they come so...
I surrender.
Glad you are happy with your 2002.

Make sure you put aside $2,500 for a 12-bolt or 9":nice:

Alec said:
Oh, I know, I was just pretty pissed to have so much f*** up so soon.
The rear-end
The roof
Oil consumption
Piston slap.
You know as well as I do that those are not isolated problems :nonono:
but they are fixable.
Listen, I think I was more pissed about the service after the sale! Hearing its normal, normal, NORMAL..kinda wore me out.

F-body LS1 perfect drag car.....
They are fast out of the box; no modification needed to beat a GT. Plus you could order them with no options :D kinda like the 91 notch I had.(God I miss that car)
I think we all like rear drive muscle cars, and the stripped Z28 was the bargain of the decade.
Ford needs a stripper V8 stang, LX If you will. I don't want leather, bells, and bling in a muscle car, but thats the way they come so...
I surrender.
Glad you are happy with your 2002.

Make sure you put aside $2,500 for a 12-bolt or 9":nice:

Learn how to wrench on a car and you wont have a problem :nice:. When you mod a car things break, its a fact. A "stock" LS1 F-body is not going to need a new rear end. Maybe when you mod it yes, but modified LS1's make alot of power and lots of power will break stuff. Something stang guys arent used to. :p

Bowtiesblow said:
Learn how to wrench on a car and you wont have a problem :nice:. When you mod a car things break, its a fact. A "stock" LS1 F-body is not going to need a new rear end. Maybe when you mod it yes, but modified LS1's make alot of power and lots of power will break stuff. Something stang guys arent used to. :p

rrriiiigggghhhhtttttt.