whats up guys and girls.

5starr

Oct 21, 2011
florida
Whats up everybody? I'd like to introduce my self, My name is Joel, I do high end detailing (I am owner and operator of the business) , I also work in the aviation industry. I've been a *** car kind of guy for quite some time, but it just seems that everyone "well at least everyone in my area" always trys to build there *** cars. I have yet to see anyone with a fox body ... I've always wanted a 69 charger but money is tight as of now so thats out of the pic. I currently drive a bmw m3 which I am getting rid of to be able to buy a pick up truck, and my wife a car as well. with the left over money I am going to buy me a fox. Oh yeah and when I sell my POS integra making 500 whp . Now, I am completely new to this muscle world. So any guidance towards how I should build my fox would be of great help. just a quick glimpse, I want to run it at the track, im looking to build a 9 sec car. I dont know if I should keep the stock motor, or replace it with a 93 cobra motor or whatever else you guys recommend . Again, any suggestions, criticism , and recommendations are highly welcomed. Thanks guys and girls. If any of you live here in south FL hit me up for a detail :p cheers .

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to the boards. You came on a bit strong (500 hp FWD car, M3 and such) so that might have scared some folks off. I also have no idea what the *** sentences are about.

With the goals you have set, you're going to learn much faster by searching than waiting for replies. You'll spend a good bit of coin to set a car up properly and safely.

And the bowtie engine thing works but is kind of a sore subject on most Mustang enthusiast (most here don't have dedicated-track Stangs) forums. It's discussed a bit more in some of the more racing-oriented forums.

thanks for the reply hiss. Yeah, I know what you mean lol. Im thinking about just building the stock motor on the 5.0 ive been looking around and I see I can get the power I want out of the stock motor if its properly put together. My time frame for the build is set at 18 months, I dont have 20 k laying around lol. again, motor wise, would you just build the heck out of the stock motor or swap it out to achieve the goals im looking for?

im a firm believer in keeping a ford motor in a ford. no ls poop. anyway you can get 9 seconds from a 302 but that takes sum $$$$. i would build a 408w (351 stroked) you can easily achieve 9 seconds with the right supporting mods.

what do you guys think about this? im not selling this its for sale. will that roll cage let me race at the drag in the 9s? is this a good buy to put in a 408w ?

rolling chassis foxbody mustang 89; $3000 firm or $2500 without rims
Strange rear brakes
-8.8 fully built rear 31 spline with 4.10 gears
-spool, anti-roll
-torque box plates
-autometer gauges
-coilovers/a-arms front suspenstion
-painless switch panel
-6 point roll cage
-subframe connectors
-4 inch cowl kaenen hood

ok where would i find these engines? I had called a place today for the heck of it and they told me 15k for a 408w making only 500 hp... thats ridiculous... with 15 k, i could buy the motor, and build it my damn self and have extra money to play with... whats the difference with the cleveland kyle??

you could buy a crate engine with that hp for less then 15k,less then 10k

clevelands are rarer and more expensive to build/find parts for then the windsor but IMO a more potent block,everyones got a windsor.plus the clevelands sound SICK

if money is an issue stick to the windsor