Wheel studs

mob

the guy who hits on his mom
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Dallas, TX
Ive tried searching and MAN is this confusing.

I think ive narrowed it down to these? I just need a seat for the rear, 2 of mine are compltley striped so im only running 2 fully tightened lug nuts, i need these asap.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=MOR-46180&N=700+0&autoview=sku

And to take the old ones out, i just take off the rim, put a lug nut on it, then hammer it out, then put the new one in through the back and tighten it, and thats it? I dont have to take the drum off do I?

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Nvm, Im just going to get stock replacments, and have tire kingdom put them in.

And I heard if you buy long ones you may have to take the axle out, but for stock replacements you dont, fyi :nice:

also les schwab sells em for a buck a piece if i remember right..i broke 3(of 6) studs off our land cruiser last year..or coarse the previous owner is an IDIOT and was using the wrong lug nuts, they only held 1/4" of thread...the 38.5's didnt help either

~Mark~

thread a nut on before you start pounding in the stud so you don't mushroom the head and make the stud bigger than the stud hole. I would just go to a NAPA or most parts store's and ask for wheel studs for your car they should know what you need. I think the stock lenght ones will come out but if you go with some aftermarket longer ones you need to unbolt the backing plate or remove the axle.