where to go....

ChillinMustang

Jan 3, 2002
hey guys...haven't been on here for a while, but thought u might be able to help...

i want to have a little fun with my v6, but i need direction. i have a 2000 v6 auto with a mac CAI; mac shorty tube headers; dual exhaust w. flowmasters; eibach springs. i also have some 4.10 gears but i have yet to put those in...

im not sure where to go next -- budget is somewhere around $5,000, but i want to be smart with my money. i dont want to just throw on all kinds of stuff that my engine is not ready for. i love the idea of this procharger i just read about, but dont know much... please help?!!?! what kind of chip woul d i need? also, i hear swapping the camshaft does wonders... anyone done this??

thanks!!!

• Sponsors (?)

If I had 5 grand, I'd turbo it. But that is not the most practical way to go. Procharger is a good power adder. The unit, the fitting accessories, and the other things needed to make it work right, would probably cost you up to $4,000 (considering you install it yourself).
You could also get ported & polished heads and intakes, and a different cam. You could do this by itself, or you could do that and the procharger. That should eat up all your money, and maybe would net you around 300 rwhp.