Who got the biggest sleeper?

CobraRed_96_GT

May 20, 2006
UCSD/La Jolla
For those of you wondering what a sleeper is: Sleeper- a car that appears to be a POS (in most cases to intice you to race them) but hauls major ass and makes you go cry to your wifey. The contest will be the most amout of performance HP inducing parts per visual parts i.e. who's got poorest looking car for how fast it is. I'm eliminating pre 94 stangs from this cuz it would be too easy for them to sweep the results. Those of you with completly stock looking cars that have major performance may still be beat by the little NA 2V that's a rust bucket but runs 13's
I'm not in the running cuz tho all i have is rims for asthetics, my paint is glorious:D
Lets have some fun

• Sponsors (?)

Try this again,

Think my qualifies (except for the rust bucket thing). Only got two real tip-offs: Wheels and the tiny lil badge in the rear:

Zaino_1.jpg

Mustang005.jpg

5fe85e89.jpg

Attachments

• Zaino_1.jpg
    Zaino_1.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Mustang005.jpg
    Mustang005.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 5fe85e89.jpg
    5fe85e89.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 63
i think the best sleeper i've seen was a guy in santa rosa who had an 04 cobra w/ GT emblens and GT bumber and front facia. Changed it after he got in a crash. Not heavy sounding exhaust cuz it's a high flow catted H w/ long tubes and magnaflow cat back accompanied with 3.90's. Thing was a serious sleeper. Just looked like a lowered GT

Dope 97GT said:
I think hotmustangs car is gonna be a nice sleeper with the stock wheels and chin spoiler but packin TT's :hail2:

get spanked by that then you be like what :scratch:

Agreed, except there is going to probably be a couple dead giveaways that its not a sleeper. A Huge frontmount, that spooling noise whenever he gives it gas, and all the gauges inside to monitor boost, a/f, oil pressure, etc etc.

my bullitt looks completely stock except the bigger rims/tires, and to the uneducated, the faint whistle of the SQ could be mistaken for the motor making some crazy noise.

370/370

:D can you keep it open for a few more weeks? Ill be done by then and qualify LOL.
THANKS Dope97GT!

I think the real part of being a sleeper is a car thats rediculously faster than someone would think it would be. I wouldnt think it had to look crappy or anything. :shrug: .

MY cars give aways.

A. DD bullitts (ALOT of bolton guys have them)
B. O/R exhaust (tamest setup out there...turbos will quiet it down more)
C. 00 cobra R hood
D. Gauges in car like said
And the biggest thing, that was mentioned...but not realized completely.
E. A FMIC that takes up BOTH THE UPPER AND LOWER GRILL :rlaugh:
F. You can see the 2 seperate silicon couplers on the top of the IC going up, so you know its twin turbo lol.

Ill be deadly if I just stay in the fast lane in the day time in front of everyone :nice:

My XR-7 Cougar has got to be one of the best, and my cousins SHO.

My cougar has the stock heads worked, ported/polished, etc etc, misc. other little stuff I did for fun and cheap. It's the 3.8, has about 8k miles on the rebuild, and imports never see it coming, it's great, considering it's weight.

View attachment 437474

Hah, pic taken in the projects in the 'burg, woot!

I put the Bullitt badge on my '96 and its great because I get all these guys who are like 'they didnt make Bullitts in 96 dumbass' and I play it off like I got screwed by the guy I bought the car from...'Youre kidding me!!! They didnt make them in '96?!?!? I paid 20 grand for this car cuz i thought it was a collectors item!!' ..........and then my SC 'Bullitt' wastes whatever theyre drivin....gotta love it :nice:

My car looks all stock except for the exhaust tips and grille delete (took the chin spoiler off). I've run mid 12's with cobra IRS, but now I'll be running mid-upper 11's... I only have two aftermarket gauges, and they are in an autometer gaugeworks cluster bezel gauge pod, so you can't even see them inless you're in the car. I even roll on stock size 245/45/17 tires when on the street :nice:

BennyBlown2v said:
My car looks all stock except for the exhaust tips and grille delete (took the chin spoiler off). I've run mid 12's with cobra IRS, but now I'll be running mid-upper 11's... I only have two aftermarket gauges, and they are in an autometer gaugeworks cluster bezel gauge pod, so you can't even see them inless you're in the car. I even roll on stock size 245/45/17 tires when on the street :nice:
i though of ur car when i made this thread...so damn deadly to the unsuspecting rice burner...OH THE HUMANITY:rlaugh:

hotmustang331 said:
:D can you keep it open for a few more weeks? Ill be done by then and qualify LOL.
THANKS Dope97GT!

I think the real part of being a sleeper is a car thats rediculously faster than someone would think it would be. I wouldnt think it had to look crappy or anything. :shrug: .

MY cars give aways.

A. DD bullitts (ALOT of bolton guys have them)
B. O/R exhaust (tamest setup out there...turbos will quiet it down more)
C. 00 cobra R hood
D. Gauges in car like said
And the biggest thing, that was mentioned...but not realized completely.
E. A FMIC that takes up BOTH THE UPPER AND LOWER GRILL :rlaugh:
F. You can see the 2 seperate silicon couplers on the top of the IC going up, so you know its twin turbo lol.

Ill be deadly if I just stay in the fast lane in the day time in front of everyone :nice:

ur right ur car looks more stock than mine... a supreme candidate IMO. I wasn't saying it had to look crappy...it would just help if ur NA:nice: