Who got the biggest sleeper?

I have no giveaways and qualify for rust bucket...I'll blister most cars on here on asphalt (if my rear end doesn't break)

100_0246.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I don't have my sleeper any more, but it was a 77 datsun pickup. White spoke truck wheels, yellow with one primered fender. But under the hood was a chromed out built chevy 350. Isky cam, edelbrock perfomer intake, Holley 750 double pumper. Hooker Super Comp headers. Turbo 350 tranny with a 3500 stall, and a shift kit with 4.36 gears in the stock rear end.

I don't have any twin turbo setup, but I very much like the "Sleeper" look. Deleted the rear spoiler, Ford emblem, and "GT" emblems on the trunk lid, and replaced the "GT" fender emblems with 64-68 running pony's. I would have gone with no fender emblems, but Ford put those damn holes in the fenders.......... Just added MM subframe connectors and a driveshaft safety loop. Although I still have factory shocks/struts/springs, if feels like a new suspension.

Attachments

• mustang in grass small.JPG
    mustang in grass small.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 83
my buddy just bought a 03 KB GT. the car is totally stock looking even down to the stock rims and tires! no gauges or anything! he just got it on tuesday and has already busted some ass on the roads. it is fun to pull up beside someone and they laugh at you and then you run off and leave them. even when my car was stock everyone thought it was fast and wouldnt run me.

1972 Nova
402ci LS-2 twin Rotrex supercharged
1100+ hp on pump gas
[email protected] mph

At the 2006 Hot Rod magazine pump gas drags Kurt Urban director of operations piloted the super sleeper Nova to a best et to date at 9.680 @ 146.91 mph with plenty left in the car once some bugs are worked out.

supersleeperNova9.jpg

Attachments

• supersleeperNova9.jpg
    supersleeperNova9.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 51
Penguin said:
1972 Nova
402ci LS-2 twin Rotrex supercharged
1100+ hp on pump gas
[email protected] mph

At the 2006 Hot Rod magazine pump gas drags Kurt Urban director of operations piloted the super sleeper Nova to a best et to date at 9.680 @ 146.91 mph with plenty left in the car once some bugs are worked out.

supersleeperNova9.jpg

Wasn't that the old CarCraft SuperNova? If so wow, Hot Rod threw a bunch at it. :eek:

Attachments

• supersleeperNova9.jpg
    supersleeperNova9.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 58
Henceforward said:
Wasn't that the old CarCraft SuperNova? If so wow, Hot Rod threw a bunch at it. :eek:
Wheel to Wheel Powertrain built the Nova as an Internal Vehicle to test/showcase stuff. It started as a 6cylinder.

It didn't have anything to do with the magazines, they just entered it into Hot Rod's 2006 Pump Gas Drag competition.