Who has BFG drag radials?

• Sponsors (?)

I just bought a set, 315/35/17, but havent had them installed yet and wont have a chance until i get off work this sunday.

I can tell you based off my friends opinion who has them that they are excellent in dry weather but absolutely terrible in any sort of wet conditions. I got them because I don't daily drive my car anymore but I do not recommend them for a daily driver, you will be begging for a wreck if you drive them when the roads are wet...

As far as traction is concerned though in dry weather they are the best drag radial out there...

After i get them put on sunday ill have some first hand experience so i'll let you know what i think

There can't be too much difference between them and BFG's KDWS tire. I ran them on my 87 coupe for a long time bald. And they have got to be better than the Mickey's. And another reason I like the BFG's I think they look better than the Mickey's. Who else thinks so?

Deft is absolutely right. I am on my second set, and they are absolutely AWESOME at the track. To date, my best 60 foot with them is 1.799. However, on the street, they aren't all that great. When they are new, they are tolerable for all weather driving, even dry. They can be controlled in the wet, and do manage to bite some when warmed up on regular cement. Once they get smoothed out however, they are impossible in the wet. And I mean, ANY water. I've been caught in the rain twice with them, and it quickly turns into a 20mph trip, if that. You could sneeze at my car, and it would spin out of control. On average dry road conditions, they will spin on any sort of brisk launch. Once they have spun a few times, they will bite pretty good, but expect the gravel shower, because they have this tendency to coat themselves in pebbles once warm on the street, and throw them all over the side of the car. This is the second set that I've had, since thanksgiving last year. I've not even gotten 3k on this second set, and they are smooth as eggs. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't drive like an angel, and I do a TON of driving, so these are wearing quicker than average, whatever that is. IfI had the option, I would have another set of rear DD wheels to put a cheap Sumitomo on for regular driving, while these bad boys stick with track duty only.

they work fine in the rain when new, just use your head and you will be fine. Id pick up a set of extra 94-04 17x8 mustang rims to mount them on if you dont want to drive on them everyday

I have BFG T/A KD 315/35/17 Street Radials, and I hate them. they are the noisiest pieces of crap I've ever had. I also hate the fact that I can't rotate them, as they are directional, and one sided...meaning 1 tire for the left, 1 for the right.

In September I'm replacing them both with Nitto 555 Extreme Performance 315/35/17 Street Tires, and buying a second pair of rims and a pair of Nitto 555 315/35/17 Drag Radials for the track.

I LOVE my 315 BFG Drag Radials, i dead hook with them at the track, 12.99 @ 104, w/1.77 60'ft .
I've never driven with them in the rain, and dont plan to, heard too many stories...but for the cash, i think theyre worth it.

Well I ran at the track the other night and I couldn't get my 60' any better than 2.30s and when I tried to ease out off the line I cut some 2.50s. So that is why I need some DR's. I am running 9.40@78 with the 2.30 60' times and what do you guys think I could do with some DR's on it.

They have their purpose. The nitto is a lot better for actaully driving on the street... unless you like changing your tires at every oil change! I run nittos on the 88 and it's no comparison to any other radial tire I've had. All the other true drag radials will only get 3-4k miles because the tread is so soft.

If I want something stickier at the track, I'll get a second set of wheels on put mickeys or BFGs on them, but for something I actually drive on the street, the nittos work well.

nittos are good for front tires. their DR's are a joke!!

They have their purpose. The nitto is a lot better for actaully driving on the street... unless you like changing your tires at every oil change! I run nittos on the 88 and it's no comparison to any other radial tire I've had. All the other true drag radials will only get 3-4k miles because the tread is so soft.

If I want something stickier at the track, I'll get a second set of wheels on put mickeys or BFGs on them, but for something I actually drive on the street, the nittos work well.

:nice: