Who's got 1 chamber flowmasters?

70stangcoupe

Founding Member
Nov 12, 2001
Winston-Salem, NC
Well I need to order up some exhaust for my GT, and I want to be LOUD. So, I figure that the 10 series, 1 chamber flowmasters are for me.

I'll just have the stock muffler cut out and the 1 chamber welded in.

Anybody have any experience with this? Anyone running these mufflers? Where'd you get yours?

Just like to hear the testimonies of those who have done this before me.

Thanks guys! :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

70stangcoupe said:
Well I need to order up some exhaust for my GT, and I want to be LOUD. So, I figure that the 10 series, 1 chamber flowmasters are for me.

I'll just have the stock muffler cut out and the 1 chamber welded in.

Anybody have any experience with this? Anyone running these mufflers? Where'd you get yours?

Just like to hear the testimonies of those who have done this before me.

Thanks guys! :flag:

I had them put on about 2 weeks after I got my car, and then the very next day I went back and had them take them off and have the 2-chamber Flows put on. I didnt like them at all, and still dont. I have a friend that got a 2003 GT not to long ago that had them put on and I thought they sounded awful. (you know what they say about opinions though) I had several of my friends tell me that it sounded a hell of a lot better with the 40 series, too.

I'm not sure what it is about them, but the sound reminds me of an old ass truck that somebody slapped some mufflers on to see how loud they could make it. I dont want to say they are raspy by all means, but up higher in the rpm's it seems like they don't have a hole lot of bass to them, just noise. Loud's one thing, but to me its all about the "tone".

I've got the 40 series flows welded-in with a Mac Prochamber and I love it. It is definitly loud, but it seems like it has more definition or volume, maybe bass to it now. In my opinion, it's the perfect combination. Well, I'm not to sure about that, I have yet to hear the Dr. Gas X with flows in person, but from what I've been reading, it's supposed to sound pretty badass.

sorry to offend anyone that has the 10 series, but that's just my opinion, and everybody likes different sounds. If you can, try to find someone around that has the set up your looking for and see what YOU think.

scott

you'll definitly have loud...i have them now and am changing things over to most likely magnapacks...it will still be loud but not as obnoxiously loud as the flows...everytime i drove the car with them on i either end up with a headache or my ears ringing...if you want to here my car idle with them go to imagestation.com, type in username shea604 then password "blah" and your in

yes

I had them on before but I took them off my car.. they make to much noise.. I had them with my offroad pipe.. thats a nononononononnonono.. hehe..