Why can't Ford bring this up here!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Up here in the great white north we don't have any emissions laws. You can burn more oil than gas and it doesn't matter. Ours is usually safety crap. We can't even buy Evo's up here, just Lancers. The Ford GT was just allowed in the country, they had to add this little bumper on the back to make it legal, it looks super gay.

Since the Mustang is Fords fastest production car, maybe they don't want to bring in something faster.

I'm doubting that. I'm not so sure they are concerned about the speed title of their production cars staying with any particular car so badly that they wouldn't bring over a potential "big seller" car like that falcon would appear to be. Anyway I thought that the GT was the fastest production Ford.

And to comment on the looks of it.. it looks quite a bit like a gto :shrug: Only sexier.. of course.

I don't think cost would be an issue. With the population size so much greater in North America you could take advantage of the economies of scale and produce more and spread your fixed costs over more units. It should cost more than $35K.

That ford looks quite outdated. It would never sell, It's a countour "big brother", falls into the same trap as the GTO.
Just like when cadillac brought us the catera,that falcon was out back then.

:stupid:

I agree. Ford would sell the car in the mid 30K range and above and it would be scrapped 2 years later like the GTO. Just because a few cars guys on here like the car, doesnt mean it will sell well. The V6 (taurus) Mustang sells a lot because its under 20 grand new and your average bozo buys it because it says Mustang on the bumper. You average consumer wants a simple car... cheap. Not a Ford Falcon 5.4L with crazy insuranse rates and a sub-40K sticker price.

Although I would love to see a version of this car here. It wouldn't help ford get out from the hole they have dug. In todays market performance really has nothing to do with selling volume of cars. Look at toyota and honda, very profitable and sell a lot of cars. Toyota doesn't even have a performance car right now and hondas closest thing is a civic si.

Quality and a fanatical fan base. Honda and Toyota owners only buy Honda and Toyota. Plus, the styling doesn't age as quickly. I think German cars age the best, and American cars are outdated in styling the following year. I can't stress the quality issue though. The overall fit and finish of Honda's and Toyota's is very good. I think American cars should stick with American style cars--big engine with RWD. Don't try to copy everyone else. The Lincoln Town Car doesn't have any problems selling. Nor does the Charger, Magnum, or 300C. All big cars, big engines, RWD. When will Ford get the fact they can't compete with Camry and Accord? They waste lots of money on trying to beat the Germans with Lincoln LS's and their nameplate counterparts, and the Five Hundred and Taurus are no match for Japan's mid-size cars. The Falcon would probably sell, but they'd have to take a page out DaimlerChrysler's book to do it. V-6's to make money, and some V-8's for performance guys or police. Plus a better name. Falcon's were crap econo cars in their day. The Mustang may have been born from the Falcon, but the Falcon was laughed at then, and it would be laughed at now. My dad said only women and wimpy nerds drove Falcons.