Why do Grand Prix try to race me?

I found some times for the Grand Prix. The 2004 Grand Prix GT2 can run 0-60 mph in 8.1 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 16.2 seconds. The 2004 Grand Prix GTP Comp. runs 0-60 mph in 6.6 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 15.0 seconds. This is fast enough to beat most family cars but it hardly seems competitive for a stock Mustang GT. Again, I don't understand why the ones I meet are so dang cocky.

• Sponsors (?)

We just lost an intern at work that her b/f has a Grand Prix. They were both at the company picnic a few weeks ago. I had to get a buddy of mine to help me "wiggle" out of a parking spot. Some damn BMW parked right next to my bumber. It was like move 2 inches back and 3 inches forward :nonono: She came up to me the other day and was like my b/f is in love with your car. He has a Grand Prix with a ton of stickers that I dont like. I was all like :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: . I told her thanks, and good luck with the rest of her school. I about cried :D.

01mgvert said:
I found some times for the Grand Prix. The 2004 Grand Prix GT2 can run 0-60 mph in 8.1 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 16.2 seconds. The 2004 Grand Prix GTP Comp. runs 0-60 mph in 6.6 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 15.0 seconds. This is fast enough to beat most family cars but it hardly seems competitive for a stock Mustang GT. Again, I don't understand why the ones I meet are so dang cocky.
if that's true about the 04 GTP, the new ones suck then
99 style were like low 14's

I have a buddy from college that had a 2000 GTP with 450hp @ wheels. It was insane. He put in an lsd, cam, p & P, pulley, exhaust, and the list goes on. There are a ton of 12 second 4 door GTP's. Dont laugh to hard until the race is over because you might get owned by a sleeper.

For some reason the Grand Prix's don't want to play anymore :(. Everyone asks me why its so quiet and I tell them its just a V6 with a complete body kit, rims, dual exhaust. That whining sound you ask? Thats my CAI....

i have a good friend with a GTP (2002 4 dr), we went to the track together.
He ran 14.4's all night long
2.0 60's, not too bad for auto FWD, he had a pully and a custom made intake (K&N with some custom tubing)
I'm glad i knew him, i would be owned by a few of those because would not have known they are actually fast

if i ever need a 4dr family car i know what i'm getting :D

CanadaStang said:
Car-Stats.com Report for 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
Obtained from MT December, 1999
0-60: 6.8 Transmission: Automatic
1/4 Mile: 15.1
1/4 Speed: 91
Car-Stats.com Report for 2002 Ford Mustang GT
Obtained from C&D November, 2002
0-60: 6.3 Transmission: Automatic
1/4 Mile: 15.1
1/4 Speed: 93