Why is running open headers bad...

I know that, but Im talking dragsters since thats what everyone is bringing up. But even with that said, most race cars dont use just an open header, they have a pipe getting the exhaust to the side or rear of the car. Perfect scenario today. I took the car to the dyno and the guy said he wouldnt run it until the exhaust leaks were fixed because it would burn a valve. I thought he was retarded and I wanted it dynoed anyways, but i didnt tell him that. Its bad enough he has a monopoly on this area, only dyno within an hour and he charges $115 an hour!!

• Sponsors (?)

I've also heard that running simply open headers can possibly cause a fire or something.. any truth to this? I mean open headers as in no dumps, since it's scavenging all the exhaust gases to the undercarriage of your car, where all the fuel and brake lines run and such. More of a myth I haven't really heard much talk about I guess

It can be super loud causing you to get pulled over a lot. But besides run ins with cops you can suck a exhaust valve which is where the valve train gets stuck in ways and one of the exhaust valves stays down and when the piston comes up it crushes the valve bending and warping the valves.

It can be super loud causing you to get pulled over a lot. But besides run ins with cops you can suck a exhaust valve which is where the valve train gets stuck in ways and one of the exhaust valves stays down and when the piston comes up it crushes the valve bending and warping the valves.
Best thing to really do is get headers if you want and then just pipe a straight pipe back not only is it better for the motor but it gives the exhaust tone