Wide Rims on the Cobra's or GT's with Cobra brakes...

Guys a bit of help please...

I have always loved the good ole bullitt rims... I was looking at getting the set with wider ones out back and was told that there were clearance problems with the IRS... Any experiences with this as I'd really love the staggered look of those fat tires in the back and the nice lip the 10.5"'s have as well. What is the widest tire that anyone has put on their Cobra's in front or out back? I have the Baer big brake kit up front but only the Bear rotors out back wtih the stock calipers so nothing has changed size wise out back as far as I know. and the back is my main concern, as that's where I was told the problem laid... Any help from my fellow mustang freaks would be greatly appreciated... Thanks in advance...

• Sponsors (?)

my bad guys, I mean't to clarify that I wanted to go down to 17x9/17x10.5" rims n tires. I was more concerned of the brakes hitting... I shoulda clarified more, sry... But thanks for pointing out the IRS bolt, and I would just get the spacers, def would not start grinding on my IRS... Thx for all your help...

Cobra brakes will fit with 17" rims. I have 03 Cobra rims and Bullitt brakes and have no problems what so ever, except it's a bitch to clean my front wheels now cause there is no room to get my hand in there with the wash mitt!! Since you got Bear stuff though I would check with Bear to see what the smallest wheel size is that works with their brakes.

UPDATE!!!: In case you guys were wondering, I figure I'd tell you guys what I found out myself. I called Baer and apparently the 03 Cobra Rims will fit perfectly fine with the Baer Claw System. Looks great, stops on a damn dime, absolutely love em. Thanks for all you'lls help... Still looking to sell my 18x9 TSW Montage's... if you look at my garage, the rims on the car in the pic on there are them, not the new 17x9 03's... hit me up with a reasonable offer and they are yours... thx again...:nice: