Wideband recommendations

j69302

Jan 31, 2006
I am looking into getting a a.f ratio monitor. I am not planning on installing it permanently, just plan on using it for tuning so I was looking at the single sensor kits.

I have a mild 302, edelbrock performer rpm heads, edelbrock air gap rpm dual plane manifold, crane energizer 260 cam, and holly 600 vac secondaries.

My question is, My X pipe is about 2 feet back from my collectors. I thought about just putting the O2 sensor in the the middle of the x pipe.

My other option is to just put it right after the collector on 1 pipe at a time. Is it safe to say that both banks should be about the same the manifold appears to split the carb in half but from what it looks is one half will feed a couple cylinders on each bank.

Last question is does anybody have any recommendations on what kits to use? I was looking at these 2. The first is a single sensor analog the seconds is a dual sensor digital. There is also a single sensor digital as well.

FAST 170634 - FAST Wide Band Air/Fuel Ratio Analog Gauge Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com

FAST 170402 - FAST Air/Fuel Ratio Meters - Overview - SummitRacing.com

• Sponsors (?)

I just ordered the LM2 about. Innovate recommended I put it right after the collector and swap it from side to side to verify both sides are good.

Hope to have it plugged in this weekend.

well i went with the LM-2 kit from Innovate. got it installed today.

cruise is about 13ish and full throttle is 10-11.

I noticed when I am in 4th gear(on a 5spd) at 2000rpms, ill smoothly push the pedal down about a 1/4 way and the AFR goes to 16 and sometimes 17 then it comes back down.. I guess i need to play around with some pump cams.

Im having problems with the monitor locking up after about 15-20 minutes though.. i have turn it off and back on again.