Will a 01 Cobra Gauge cluster work in a 01 GT?

sbelyo

Jun 10, 2005
I thought I read in a thread here that it bolts in and the harness matches. And also that there's nothing to mod to get it to work.

I searched, but just can't seem to find the thread

• Sponsors (?)

way i understand it is that Ford P.A.T.S. Data is stored in gauge cluster. So if you change gauge cluster out, your car will no longer starts, becuase your Key code is nolonger that of "stored" code.
Ford might be able to delete the code. But I'm not sure. I could be wrong

But why do u want to get Cobra gauge? They slmost same except white gauge and higher red zone, which is not right for GT?

Mity got it - PATS is stored in the cluster. If the Cobra cluster has never been installed in a vehicle before, you can program the PATS in your driveway; otherwise, if the Cobra cluster is used you'll need to have have Ford reprogram your keys for the new cluster. I had a 03 Cobra cluster in my 00' GT, and it was a straight drop-in since it had never been installed in any other vehicle; I even had my mileage programmed in. :)

urban96 said:
so those autometer replacement gauges come with the pats? hmm...

That autometer cluster only replaces the front and mechanical part of the gauge cluster. You still retain your original circuit boards. Somewhere on their site they have directions and you'll see what I'm talking about.

That autometer cluster is useless. The guages still behave like the factory junk. It's much cheaper just to use the overlay.

sbelyo said:
That autometer cluster only replaces the front and mechanical part of the gauge cluster. You still retain your original circuit boards. Somewhere on their site they have directions and you'll see what I'm talking about.

That autometer cluster is useless. The guages still behave like the factory junk. It's much cheaper just to use the overlay.

Thank you. Can't agree more:nonono:

sbelyo said:

wow, thats pretty lame for the price their charging