Will a new driveshaft stop vibration in my '95 gt auto ??

I DiDio I

Jan 19, 2004
Im starting to get bad vibrations from my rear. The car is 99% stock minus the off road H pipe. I only notice this vibration when accelerating like on a highway entrance ramp or after a stop sign. I've read most of the posts on here dealing with vibration. I was thinking about changing the driveshaft to aluminum but i can't seem to find one for an auto. Does anyone know who makes one ? Do you guys think it's a worth while mod or sound i just have the yoke and u joints worked on ? Thanks for any help !!

-Nick

• Sponsors (?)

donkey_punch said:
you sure it's not your harmonic balancer that's bad?
this is what i would check also... mine went out not too long ago and it would shake the whole car. check this first then go to the crappy torque convertor they put in our cars. when they shift sometimes they will shudder bad and it will feel like a vibration in the rear. mine has been doing this for about 6 months and i just keep driving it till i can get enough money to buy a new tranny

theres a few things that can cause vibration..
the u joints.....the rear bearings....the rear itself..the clutch packs in the rear make a scraping shakeing sound when worn,spider gears missing teeth will shake the rear..bent rims,bad tires,unbalanced tires.
but......
the common bullcrap part that oes related to the driveshaft is the gasket type rubber part in the end of the shaft yolk.it gets rotten and causes play back there
also the pinion shaft is common in the rear that makes some vibration...
i forget the exact name but i think its pinion shaft.

anyway go under the car,turn the driveshaft by hand...see where the play is
...if its in the rear itself...its that pin

if its inbetween the rear and the yolk,its that gasket im talking about..

if its the u joints themselves...crack a smile and go spend 8 bucks.