will i beat him?

• Sponsors (?)

you guys have no faith, his is all stock, goes pretty good but not really fast, with my 4.10s i know ill get him to 80 any way. even my wifes accord might even keep up with his for awhile.

Stock AOD '86GT is not that fast. It would be lucky to break high 14's. My friend has one and I beat him at the track with my G35...pretty badly too.

Stock 5.0's are slugs hate to say it. Plenty of 4-door family sedans these days can beat a stock 5.0.

See the problem is we are going by the "it doesn't feel fast". Sorry to burst the bubble, but thats what great about LSx motors. They never really "feel" fast but they pull. I remember when my car was an AOD slug like yours (15.4 bone stock baby!!!) and when compared to a 98 LS1 at the time (6-speed, TTop Formula, sexy car) it "felt" fast... When compared to how fast both cars were going in the same stretch of road... yikes.

Your going to lose, but then again might give motivation for some more mods!

I'd hate to admit it, but you will lost to him. When I had my 1998 Grand Prix GTP, I smoked 2 fox body cars. One was on the way to the track, one was at the track. I would run 14.2's consistently all day. I would really smoke 'em outta the whole cause of the factory supercharger, but even on the street, 40 rolls were embarrassing for for Mustangs. And keep in mind that car was only 240HP. The GXP's are 300.

See the problem is we are going by the "it doesn't feel fast". Sorry to burst the bubble, but thats what great about LSx motors. They never really "feel" fast but they pull.

100% agreed, what you should do is get spanked by that car, then go home and start looking for a LSx motor to put in your mustang, swap it when he isnt looking and demand a rematch

ok, new plan, 4.10s installed today, next month headers and full exhaust, then 100 hp nitrous kit. then ill race him. if all that dont beat him ill buy a g8. then i know ill beat him.

25th's right about the "Feel fast" Heck, my Dad had an 07 GMC 1500 pick up. Had a 5300 in it. Couldn't feel it accelerating, couldn't feel it shift, next thing you know, you're going 70MPH....90MPH...WHOA 100MPH. That truck wasn't far behind my 00 Lightning. No joke.

ok, new plan, 4.10s installed today, next month headers and full exhaust, then 100 hp nitrous kit. then ill race him. if all that dont beat him ill buy a g8. then i know ill beat him.

to much gear or not enough RPM.. you take your pick... i ran 4.10 and a 75 shot in my 95GT and i had to cross in overdrive. that coulda been me blowing through the trans though. that thing would **** transmissions like a week of eating mexican food

25th's right about the "Feel fast" Heck, my Dad had an 07 GMC 1500 pick up. Had a 5300 in it. Couldn't feel it accelerating, couldn't feel it shift, next thing you know, you're going 70MPH....90MPH...WHOA 100MPH. That truck wasn't far behind my 00 Lightning. No joke.

what was wrong with the lightning? only truck i had get close to keeping up with my 01 was a built blown r/t dakota

what was wrong with the lightning? only truck i had get close to keeping up with my 01 was a built blown r/t dakota

Nothing. My truck was strong, I ran right next to my buddies 01 with 385HP. Those 5300 GMC/Silverado's had over 300HP. My 00 Lightning was only 365HP from the factory. It wasn't really close, but a lot closer than I thought it would be.

Nothing. My truck was strong, I ran right next to my buddies 01 with 385HP. Those 5300 GMC/Silverado's had over 300HP. My 00 Lightning was only 365HP from the factory. It wasn't really close, but a lot closer than I thought it would be.

i was gunna say... i miss my truck now

to much gear or not enough RPM.. you take your pick... i ran 4.10 and a 75 shot in my 95GT and i had to cross in overdrive. that coulda been me blowing through the trans though. that thing would **** transmissions like a week of eating mexican food

What trap speed were you pulling to be in OD...

I have seen well into the 113+ mph range with 4.10s and still room before the limiter.:shrug:

i was gunna say... i miss my truck now

Dude...you don't even have to explain yourself. I complete know that feeling. I had it for the summer on 2007. I sold it, made money, but maaaan....that thing was so much fun. Nobod expected to lose to a truck. All the LS1 Camaro's and Mustang GT's...I'd put a spanking on all of them. I couldn't believe how many people didn't know what it was.

What trap speed were you pulling to be in OD...

I have seen well into the 113+ mph range with 4.10s and still room before the limiter.:shrug:

think it was 105... but its been 6 years since i sold the car. i know it tapped the limiter just before the 1000'. on the motor i was fine