Winter Rides?

• Sponsors (?)

Ya, now that you mention it, I can't remember either why I don't drive my Mustang year round. Hmmm....

Oh ya, that's why:
DCP_0641_edited-1-3.jpg

You may not be familiar with this stuff, it's called snow. When the road is covered with it, there is a surprising reduction in traction.

Attachments

• DCP_0641_edited-1-3.jpg
    DCP_0641_edited-1-3.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 52
Ive stored mine for the winter because here in ohio we tend to get alot of snow, and about the time the first flake falls, they start putting inches and inces of salt and other nasty crap on the road so it wont be slick and i dont want that crap coating up under my car, it can be lethal to the underneath of my car, and since it came from new jersey and had been stored every winter the underneath is super clean i dont want to screw that up. Thats my reasoning.

The main reason is because I don't want to drive my car through all the crap that piles up on the roads in the winter, mainly salt.(I don't even drive it in the rain very much anymore) This is the other reason, :D
Feb1745.JPG

Guero said:
Why do so many people store there cars for the winter? I live in Phoenix and never have done, or know people that have done it.

Salt man.

I'm in Québec, not sure if you know where it is but we have around 6 months of winter ( yes, that's half of a year). That means 6 months of COLD and SNOW. The snow itself isnt a BIG problem with GOOD snow tires but they put so much SALT in the roads that it kills the car body so fast with rust. That's why we store our vehicule during that period. And, there's no way you can keep a car clean during winter, esp. a black car like mine.

That's why the mustang is stored and I'm driving this right now:

We call this kind of a car a "winter beater" here. It's a car you pay under 1000$ and you use only during winter and beat it to death :)

beater06a.JPG

And that's the scenary around my house since 1 month or so...

scene.JPG

scene2.JPG