Progress Thread Wish Me Luck! 92 Calypso Lx

• Sponsors (?)

So both original Flowmasters were broke, the "Flowtube" that was welded to the factory H-pipe was also broken just after the weld. The little emission pipe was filled full with what I guess was carbon. I got the new X-pipe on without issue, pretty well made for an SVE from LMR. I did not get the mufflers installed because they really need hangers. I didn't want to cruise down to the exhaust shop tomorrow and lose one of my new mufflers. I post a video and pictures of the finished product hopefully tomorrow.

The Exhaust consist of:
SVE 2.5" Off Road X-pipe
SVE 2.5" Flow tubes
Jones Full Bore Mufflers
-Currently looking for Ceramic Shorty headers.

What do you do after you delete that tube that runs from the smog pump to the H-pipe? Last time I did this I pulled all of that out and capped the pipe behind my heads. There wasn't an attachment for it on the new X-pipe so I disconnected it from the valve, removed that lower hose and pipe.

Thinking about picking these up for $200 with sliders
sparco seats.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Got the mufflers installed today and I couldn't be happier. Amazing sound, no drone and with a whopping $250 tied into it W/O headers.

Drained the battery going to and from the shop. Ordered new electrical plugs for the ALT because they're smoked. The car had the original Motorcraft ALT on it and it tested fine but all the electric connections were chewed up. It also had a smaller pulley on it compared to the one at Autozone. Hopefully, the new ALT and connections fix my issues and I can start working on the suspension. I'll try to get some videos of the exhaust (Before, During, After) up this weekend. I have them in photobucket but can't seem to post them in the thread.

Reactions: 1 users
I know I know. I didn't get a good shot of the complete system due to the owner getting funny with me because I was right next to his guy while he was doing the work and I was taking pictures. Trying to tell an older fella that I am a member of an Elite group of car guys who take pictures of their rides and share it on the internet wasn't working out for me.
2017-06-08 14.24.45.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
The ALT plug from PA
plug.jpeg

I Believe these are the lower control arms I'll be going with. https://lmr.com/item/MM-MMRLCA102/maximum-motorsports-mustang-rear-control-arms-7998-sport (Opinions?)
Rear arms.jpg

I need Guidance on what springs to use. I need all around better suspension I will be using a MM panhard bar, I don't know which upper rear control arms yet and probably a torque arm later down the road. I need to figure out front lower control arms, struts and shocks. MM CC plates will be used and steeda or eibach sway bars. I have new strut tower braces front and rear already.

The ALT plug from PA
plug.jpeg

I Believe these are the lower control arms I'll be going with. https://lmr.com/item/MM-MMRLCA102/maximum-motorsports-mustang-rear-control-arms-7998-sport (Opinions?)
Rear arms.jpg

I need Guidance on what springs to use. I need all around better suspension I will be using a MM panhard bar, I don't know which upper rear control arms yet and probably a torque arm later down the road. I need to figure out front lower control arms, struts and shocks. MM CC plates will be used and steeda or eibach sway bars. I have new strut tower braces front and rear already.
This car is going to be an AutoX or road course type of street car?

There is a guy on corral.net that sells refurbished 94/95 spindles. They are a work of art. I have them on two of my 3 foxbodies. Search that site, you will find them/him under the name 209pony.

20170511_095848_zpssbzvyai6.jpg

You can get rotors, pads, calipers and brackets all from Napa or Oriellys. It's not too expensive.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
HUGE DILEMMA:

I was originally going to do the lmr 5lug swap kit $399 but the rotors/spindles only allow for some wheel fitments. https://lmr.com/item/LRS-4234K/1987-1993-Mustang-5-Lug-Conversion-Kit

Doing the swap with 94-95 spindles would be the way I'd like to go but don't have a source to pull all the parts needed. I don't want to drop $2600 on a full kit with 96+ spindles.

Help a brother out
@FoxMustangLvr @RaggedGT @hoopty5.0 @GroverDill @MikeH686
Junkyard, dude. They'll have a metric sht ton of SN cars you can rob parts off of.

My 2nd favorite spot is Rock Auto.

Reactions: 3 users