Working on the car again, cervini bumper is now on!

• Sponsors (?)

I got to work on the car this weekend. My hopes of having it done for Carlisle are now gone, but I think the delay will be worth it. I finally got around to test fitting my cervini's stalker front bumper and it fit like a glove. Here are a few pics...

162600.jpg

162601.jpg

I was in total amazement over the weight difference between the xenon and cervini's. I didn't grab the scale yet, but the cervini's feels to be 1/2 the weight of the xenon. The fenders will be coming off hopefully this week and then the engine bay work will start!

i love that hood. anyone feel like photoshopping it and the bumper the same color as the rest of the car?

Thanks everyone! There is NO WAY the car will be done for Carlisle. I'm still waiting on the heads to be done by the machine shop. With any luck that will be this weekend and by monday I hope to have the engine all buttoned up unless I end up needing new pushrods. Once the motor is done and installed, I'll need to get it tuned and running. At that point I can start on the paint and roll bar. I still do not have a rear bumper purchased for the car, and the side skirts that I have I don't think I am going to use. I am attending WFC10, and I know Cervini's will be there. Depending on how good the show specials are I may pick up a set of their side skirts and hopefully I'll find a rear bumper there that I like. WFC10 is only 2 weeks before Carlisle. I also want to get a chrome moly roll bar put in the car and I have to get that done before it is painted. the only way I can have it done for Carlisle is if I wait for paint and the roll bar until after the show, but that means my car will be "half assed" if its there and not in show worthy condition.

I'm still up in the air on the paint. I don't know if I'm going to go with all yellow, or do the roof and A pillars in black and the rest of the car in yellow. I hope to put a little custom touch on the yellow, whether it be a slightly different shade, or by adding some pearl to it. A color change will not be much more work since I'm replacing:
-front bumper
-rear bumper
-side skirts
-hood
-roof
-trunk lid
-passenger side door

I also planned to fill the holes in the engine bay and paint it too, and that in itself is a time consuming project. I have to quickly make up my mind if I'm doing the fox TB swap before I start on the engine bay since the inlet pipe routing may be different than it is now. I have a TON to do, and very little time to do it.

Thanks Paul for the compliment!

ProKiller said:
youd probably still win something even if you didn't have it painted.

I wish! LOL! I've actually never placed at Carlisle. I am going to do my best to be there with the car in one form or another, it may be rocking the stock body kit but I'm going to try!

Well that WILL be done by Carlisle barring any unforeseen problems. It might not be all polished and "prettied" up by then, but functionally it should be running on its own power. That is my biggest priority right now.

No updates, I'm at a standstill right now until I get the heads finished. I went to reassemble them and I was way to short on my installed height and I had nearly 200lbs of spring pressure on the seat! That is NOT good with pedestal mount heads!!! The machinist is supposed to have the heads done for me by sunday, and then I'll be tackling the chore of getting the valve train setup. I'm heading to WFC and I hope to get some of the remaining body parts there, then the car will almost be ready for paint. Before it gets painted though it must have a running and debugged engine and hopefully the roll bar installed.

It looks like I'll be bringing my mom's '01 Bullitt to Carlisle.

At least you'll get to bring a stang. The 2 or 3 years I've gone so far I've had to take my truck cause the car's always broke.

LOL! I've been going since at least 1996 and I have only taken my car twice because it too was either broke, or I needed a truck to pick up parts to bring home to put on it! This year I think I'm doing both, I think my dad is bringing his truck and I'll be pimping mom's bullitt with its nice new 18" wheels!!!

Rich is right, I'm running my old AFR165 60cc pedestal mount heads. I swore I wouldn't run pedestal mount heads again, but the heads are going to go on a '90GT I have that I want to put all of my old parts on, and by fixing these heads I can get my '95 up and running and then have the heads ready for the '90GT down the road. I plan to switch to a stud mount head from AFR next winter, but I'm undecided as to which one I will be running, it should be interesting though. :)

Thats an awesome bumper. I had one on my GT before. I noticed that the price of them has gone up, I think all of cervin's products have gone up in price.

LOL! I have every picture you ever posted of your car saved. I've been concidering this bumper for years and every picture that I came across with it I saved.

Its nice to see you back again!

UPDATE.... NONE!
I got the heads back from the machine shop after having the spring cups cut to arrive at the correct installed height. I went to assemble them yesterday and realized that I ordered the wrong valve seals, I ordered .500 and I needed the .531" ones. DAMN! Now this set me back yet another few days. I'm never going to get this car done. :(