Working on the car again, cervini bumper is now on!

I wasnt feeling it on the first pic, but once the color was chopped in, my opinion completly changed. There was a real saleen rear bumper on ebay the other day, it had 3 days left, but there were no bids on it and there was no reserve. I was going to bid on it, but then I remembered "I already have one on my car". But mine needs paint bad, and this one was painted with a nice new white.

Looking good.

• Sponsors (?)

UPDATE:

Well, I FINALLY got the heads all buttoned up. I had issues with installed height and therefore spring pressures. +.050 locks, different retainers, and cutting of the spring pockets were all required to get it right. I then ran into the issue of trying to put a head with 7/16" head bolt holes onto a 1/2" head stud... after a trip to my cousin's machine shop and an quick meeting with the drill press they now fit. I installed the new valve seals (the first set was the wrong size, so this too set me back on time), and then my wife helped me install the spring cups, springs, retainers, and locks. Its late and I didn't get a chance to torque the heads down, but they are on the block. I checked pushrod lengths/geometry last night and I think I lucked out and will be able to re-use my old 6.300" pushrods with a ~.030" shim on the intake and a ~.019" shim on the exhaust pedestal. With any luck the rockers will be on tomorrow and I'll be on my way to getting this thing in the car this weekend!!!

166744.jpg

166742.jpg

166743.jpg

I'm trying Rich, but my time is VERY limited during the week. I have from ~10PM until midnight or so a night to work on the car and that is it. This weekend I hope to get a lot done. I will be out of town at WFC10 from thursday to sunday next week so that is going to kill an entire weekend for me which is really going to hurt my chances for Carlisle.

IF I make it to Carlisle, it will be with a stock body kit in unknown condition under the xenon pieces, and it won't be all polished and shiny.

I am making progress though, here's what I got done tonight:
-heads are torqued down
-rockers are on and geometry is checked
-headers are on
-timing cover/water pump bolts are tight (I needed washers as the dart block holes were not tapped as deep as the stock lock)
-test fitted the lower intake to check port alignment, it looks good so far!

166962.jpg

166964.jpg

166966.jpg

166967.jpg

oh man, loose the cork valve cover gaskets gaskets!!!! the engine looks so great, don't ruin it by letting oil leak all over it

I've run these gaskets for years with no issues. They are one of the keep parts in allowing me to run stock VC's with my roller rockers, without them the rockers hit the VC's.

Well, I'm done for today, here's the end result of 12+hrs of work today and about 4 trips to the store for bolts that I couldn't find:

167405.jpg

167406.jpg

167407.jpg

The shortblock was already painted black when I picked it up, or I may have considered painting it another color. Black should help hide a lot of dirt/oil though that will eventually accumulate on it.