wtf pcv hose

aub02GTconv

May 30, 2003
South Jersey
ok so after installing my new maf, my cel comes back on, so code was read again, and running lean, so i inspect the hoses and the pcv hose has a large crack in it.... I go to Advance auto today (sunday Ford closed) and the dumb kid doesn't have a pcv hose? so i drive to Pep Boys.. and I tell the kid at the desk that all i need is a this piece of the pcv hose, I pulled the whole pcv hose contraption outta my car and brought it in... he looks at it dumbfounded and turns to his manager, and the manager says thats a ford part. I said no **** sherlock, I just need the pcv hose at the bottom. He said again but that's a ford part.... Are you fricken kidding me????? I know it's a Ford part, but this is an automotive parts store, and your telling me that you don't have any cut to lenght PCV hoses, or a PCV hose that I can cut myself so I can drive my car to FORD on Monday to get the OEM replacement... I am not a freaking dumb bitch... So it takes this ass 1/2 hour looking around the store
to find a package that says "PCV HOSE".....YIPPEE the dumb**** finally found it! Yeaaaaa.:mad:

• Sponsors (?)

If you talked to me like that in my store, I would have thrown you out on your ass. :nono:

Why didn't you just run a strip of duct tape over it until monday morning. Sounds like you went though a pile of frustration and expense for nothing. :shrug:

I agree with ya..................though..............................
I didn't say that to him I said it in my head... those were my thoughts...
I am an Assistant Store Manager, so I DO treat people the way I want to be treated....and then i vent behind closed doors... But to say something as dumb as that's a ford part... duh I know, don't people bring parts and hoses off of their vehicles everyday into an auto parts store and ask for replacements, knowing that they are not going to be OEM replacements....it's the point that he tried to make me look like I was a incompetant woman.

and I did try duct tape first, actually gorilla duct tape, and the hose collapsed on it's self...... and I didn't think I should be driving around with
a hose that is sucked into itself so there is no flow going through it.... would you agree?

The Positive Ventilation Crankcase check-valve is a terrible stock set-up b/c the vacuum is sucking up oil and the gasses. Just block off the vacuum below the upper intake run a catch-can from both valve covers, and call it a day. Anything 2004 and below is considered vintage by Ford standards.

The way Ford did the PVC check valve setup is a poor desighn in my honest opinion. You should have seen my intake ports on my cylinder heads when my lower intake was changed. 10 years of baked on oil.