Xbox 360 or Laptop?

Tonys89GT said:
:lol: :lol: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: Yeah, CS: Source is a great looking game, NOT! Looks good if your used to playing super mario.....

Yea not a bad game for being more than 2 years old. xbox is finally catching up. sort off. im not going to argue about that cuz everybody has their own opinion and the whole vidoe console against pc competition will get us no where.

My first xbox was first shipment. Second one was bought months after the second shipment had been sent out. Might be my lack of luck but through all of the forums of xbox 360 i have read i am not the only person that has had these problems.

Snikt89GT, i dont think you can compare the complexity of a car with what an xbox. not as many moving parts ect. the thing that failed in the first shipment was the drives. the actual readers. you would think that they would have perfect a cd/dvd drive by now... after all, there are hundreds of thousand computers out there that have no isues not to mention dvd players. I think microsoft was trying to bring down the cost of actually making their product so they chose a lower quality drive to use.
and i bet you ps3 is not going to have any problems....

• Sponsors (?)

the post to end this thread.....Wii FOR THE WIN!!!....i dont know...i kinda have the same choice...get a 360 now with GOW, wait for the Wii, or wait much longer for a ps3 and SOCOM....socom can neva lose..but the wait..gah!! and the price!!

I'd say get a used labtop and wait till ps3 comes out cause 360 will probably drop in price. Also be prepared to kiss your free time away, since your going to be addicted to games. If your going for the ps3 i'd wait a couple months till they work the bugs out. I got one of the original ps2's and I get nothing but "disk read error" now.

projectfiveo said:
thats what i was going to buy was a HP Laptop....is that a bad idea?

In my opinion, yes. I've had experience with a lot of HP products at my job (servers, tape libraries, laptops, desktops, etc..). I don't care for HP's computer or server line at all.

We switches to dell optiplex desktops and lenovo (previously IBM) laptops. IBM/Lenovo make some of the best business laptops. For home i'd probably recommend a Dell, or Sony if you want to spend more $ for some fancy features/software.

Dell is currently offering a thing to get a free upgrade from XP -> Vista when it's released to the public.

I would get the laptop i have a 360 but i'm selling it to a coworker for 5 bills two wireless cont. and headset and the dvd tuner remote it also includes 5 games.....

Oh yeah and the hard drive/ it was kool at first and then all its been doing is collecting dust. I think he's getting a good deal considering that i also purchased an extened warranty.

Now my laptop on the other had gets used every day for work(sprint) and play(online)..

I will be getting the ps3 in the summer when it comes out