Your suggestions on 1st mods?

04SBGT

Aug 19, 2004
What's up guys, Mark here. I just picked up my SB 04 GT 5 spd sometime in early May, and I now finally have cash for mods!

Winter is coming soon (New England weather), so I wanted to do some improvements, but nothing major (clutch/tranny/gears).

I was thinking along the lines of some nice springs, catback/h/x pipe combo and an mac cai.

For the exhaust, what would you recommend? Ive read good reviews on this site about the MAC Prochamber...

I was thinking a MAC Prochamber/MAC H with cats setup...Any fitment issues on a 04'?

Last but not least, the 04' has o2 sensor changes...what will I need to fix this to bolt on the catback? TIA!

-Mark

• Sponsors (?)

Q's Stang said:
going w/ the mods i got first always seem like one of the best starter combos. catback, gears, and some suspension work for anywhere from 1 to 1.5 grand...in my opinion at least

ditto
if not enough deniro, then I would suggest catback, and spring.
And buch of other cheap stuff, like grill delite, Mach1 chin spoiler and such

As far as cat back goes, I would most definatly suggest macprochamber, and magnaflow. But since your fellow newenglander, and I don't know if your car is going to be daily driver or not(mine isn't), you might want to just go with Magnaflow catted X and catback. as they are Stainless steel...

welcome to stangnet!
and IMO the first thing you should do is get a shifter, pro 5.0 and steeda tri-ax are the most popular. a cai is more or less for show on these cars, you might get 2 hp from them, but i still want one anyway (looks cool). I have a prochamber and love it but they dont have a catted one out yet, i dont think anyway. and definitely get gears, DONT FEAR THE GEAR, had to be the first one to say it on this thread, 4.10s if u dont do a ton of highway driving, good luck whatever you decide to do
-Spike

spikeGT_99 said:
welcome to stangnet!
and IMO the first thing you should do is get a shifter, pro 5.0 and steeda tri-ax are the most popular. a cai is more or less for show on these cars, you might get 2 hp from them, but i still want one anyway (looks cool). I have a prochamber and love it but they dont have a catted one out yet, i dont think anyway. and definitely get gears, DONT FEAR THE GEAR, had to be the first one to say it on this thread, 4.10s if u dont do a ton of highway driving, good luck whatever you decide to do
-Spike

oh yeah, i forgot the shifters...

:nods:

Thanks for the welcome, guys.

Ive come to the conclusion, Im gona go with this setup:
MAC Prochamber cb w/ catted H pipe (later on)
Pro 5.0 Shifter (hear rave reviews)
Steeda springs

Im not looking for a drop more than 1.5", as I fear of my camber goin crazy and killin my tires. I might also look into H&R's as well.

Thanks for the info guys!