yup another stang noob from pac nw

dudman

Apr 28, 2011
Hi, I'm Tom from Tacoma. (not to be confused with John Candy's character Tom Tuttle from Tacoma)... about 7 months ago I was looking for a car for my daughter to drive and saw a clean little '83 Mustang GLX convertible for sale on the side of the road for a price I couldn't beat. I told her about it and we were supposed to go look at it the next day but she decided at the last minute to go to a baby shower instead so I thought "what the hell, I need a work car anyway" and went and test drove it. Two weeks later I was driving it home for myself; I like everything about the car except the color (beige,bleah what the hell was Mr. Ford thinking?)
I had to put about $200 into fixing the taillights and another $42 for a new roof switch so that I can actually make the top go down and back up again. The front brakes need replacing and I had a stretch of awful car carma where in a span of about 5 days my ignition locked up, my muffler broke and I busted my windshield trying to squeeze a tv into the front seat. So now I need a new steering column and by the time it's all said and done I'll be into it for about $2100 but I'm pretty happy with it considering the top is pretty new and it's only got about 80k original miles on it. Wish it were a 5L but the V-6 is good enough for the time being at least. Not real fond of the wire-wheel hubcaps and whitewalls out but that's something I can work on as well. I'll try and get some pics up eventually to help track my progress... I'm thinking red? maybe it's manopause, lol...

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, first one although my bro used to own a few over the years and my Dad had a '65 Pony for awhile when I was a kid. I must admit I was more into GM's for most of my life but I always told myself if I could ever afford a decent ragtop I'd go for it... (My Dad also had a mid/late 60's Galaxie 500 conv. and a '68 Buick think it was a Wildcat conv. (not too sure on model on that, was real little.))
Thinking eventually lowering maybe a little and going with larger rims for starters; someday maybe convert to 5L as I'm sure I'll have to upgrade axels and rotors anyway to get decent wheels, but that's further down the road. Probably drive on the V-6 till it gets tired then decide.Settle for a decent paint job, something a little less beige... lol ... anyway I really like mine too; can't wait to get it all fixed.