00 gt brake problem

trizmojoe

Feb 25, 2012
Reno, Nevada
The car: My mods to it are flow masters, steeda cold air, short shifter and a diablo sport tuner that is taken off atm
The problem: when I floor my brakes in neutral it brings my idle down from its 700 spot were it should sit to about 200-300 (the brakes also hiss a bit when floored) it often hangs at 11 or 12 then droops to 200-300

A short video showing it happen

Thanks for any help and sorry if I miss posted in the wrong place

• Sponsors (?)

Well your brakes run off of pressure from your Power Steering, you are loading your pump and its probably pulling down your idle due to load. I dont think its really an issue. I imagine you are using more than stopping force, pushing ALL the way to the floor hard is just loading up the system.

The car: My mods to it are flow masters, steeda cold air, short shifter and a diablo sport tuner that is taken off atm
The problem: when I floor my brakes in neutral it brings my idle down from its 700 spot were it should sit to about 200-300 (the brakes also hiss a bit when floored) it often hangs at 11 or 12 then droops to 200-300

A short video showing it happen

Thanks for any help and sorry if I miss posted in the wrong place

I would think this is an IAC problem since it has the fiunction of holding the idle steady when the A/C or brakes put a load on the engine. I've had to replace two on my 2000gt.