01+ vert vs coupe

what gears come stock? for a daily driver i wouldn't wanna do anything crazy to it. im sure mods will find their way on cause i'm a bolt on freak but major stuff like that will be out of the question for a long time. im just looking forward to driving something with leather, less miles, and that doesn't limit me at 97mph when im on a road trip or cruising on a friday night.

• Sponsors (?)

keywords "daily driver" :)

"dont race what you daily drive and don't daily drive what ya race"

im thinkin intake, exhaust, gears, and maybe lower it. i'll be goin from a 3.0 ranger to a 4.6 stang so i'm tryin to keep from making the fuel consumptions worse :)

I owned a 1999 325 convertible for a while and all I can say it's perfect... till something breaks. Very expensive it gets from that point. I won't even mention leaks which are the most annoying things in the world.
That was my last convertible. Way too much trouble with it (if you are unlucky like I was).

does that light bar help with making the chassis stiffer or is it just for looks?

The lightbar didnt do much, but I honestly dont think the verts are as bad as folks will make you believe. The FL subs stiffened it up a fair bit, and i have a strut brace coming.

A real 4+ point roll bar instead of a light bar will really stiffen the car up.

Just drive the coupe and the vert and make your decision.
I drove coupe and soft-top Trans-Ams and Stangs and I preferred the verts hands-down in both cases. I'm really into handling too (not a drag racer - this car is my summer daily driver).

Side note: recently got into my friends LT1 camaro. Holy hell is the interior cheap crap garbage. It feels terrible in that thing. I'll never ****** about my stangs cheapo interior again!!! I'd forgotten how bad they are.