03-04 Mach 1 gauges in 2002 GT

02NutStang

Dec 11, 2010
Venice, FL
I really like the mach style gauges and was wondering if the cluster would drop in a 2002 gt. If they dont would it be possible to peel off the overlay and stick it on my cluster? Everything should be the same if I get the manual version of the cluster with the higher rpm range. What do you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

I have one in my 2000. I had to remove the front face assembly from the Mach dash and put it in the "guts" from my GT dash...

I don't have any pictures, and it's been a few years so I don't remember the exact steps, but it was pretty obvious what to do once I got it apart...I think there is a good write up for it somewhere, maybe the Bullitt website archives???

You should search this. I believe most people install the whole mach cluster because the computer stores the odometer mileage. As long as the mph and rpm limits are the same (150mph/8k rpm) you won't have to recalibrate.

thanks Rejekt...that's the write-up I was thinking of...

and at least in my car, swapping the whole gauge assy. didn't work AT ALL, theft lights, PATs stuff and things like that where all causing issues...there was more going on than just the odometer reading

It's real easy to do. Might double check to make sure the speedo's are the same before but I believe they are. When you take out your gauges, make sure you have either a full or empty tank of gas and that's about it. All you do is undo the torx on the back of both clusters and pull the front of the Mach and put it on the guts of your original. You will still have the original readout before and the look of the Mach. I have 01 Cobras in mine and I love it besides the small fact that the speedo is thrown off a bit but I know where that is and its ever so slight. Good luck, this is a good swap to do along with some led bulbs IMO. Mine arn't as bright as I would like or need them to be.

Thanks for the write up. The RPM's are the same. I am getting 3.73 gears installed so I know the speedo will be off anyways, shouldnt be hard to compensate with my diablosport. Thanks for the help and Ill keep you all updated on how it goes.

Thanks for the write up. The RPM's are the same. I am getting 3.73 gears installed so I know the speedo will be off anyways, shouldnt be hard to compensate with my diablosport. Thanks for the help and Ill keep you all updated on how it goes.

RPM's will be the same I believe on all of the years, models and such. It's the top MPH where it gets tricky. Stock GT's have 150 gauges and Cobra's for sure have 160's. Mach's I believe are 150 so no worries, but for me its slightly off. Lower speeds its a touch slow and upper speeds its a bit fast. Like when I am going 75 its at 76 but nothing too major unless you get up to the 100's then I'm sure its off a decent amount but I won't ever be there on the street..

Well, the mach 1 gauges went in with no problems, idiot lights or starting issues. So, I'm happy. All I did was take out the old cluster swapped the electronics into the mach gauges and took some pictures of default gauge positions while running and off. Everything was in order when I installed them. Thanks for the help guys.