04 mach 1 or 06 gt

blzn04fx4

Jun 2, 2010
iowa
i know a guy who has an 06 gt and he says that his car will take my mach 1. i think the only thing he has done is maybe cai and exhaust but its not full exhaust its just stock headers, cats into flowmasters. ours are both 5spds and i have a jlt cai on mine. what do you guys think.

• Sponsors (?)

i know a guy who has an 06 gt and he says that his car will take my mach 1. i think the only thing he has done is maybe cai and exhaust but its not full exhaust its just stock headers, cats into flowmasters. ours are both 5spds and i have a jlt cai on mine. what do you guys think.

As long as you out drive him there should be no problem...:nice:

I believe they're pretty darn close with the slight edge going to the Mach...just like the Mach and LS1s are pretty close with LS1s having a slight edge. I'd say it's more up to the driver than anything.

LS1>Mach>'05-'09 GT (Stock or close to it)

Go to the track film it and report back.

Depends on who the better driver is. The Mach bone stock can go 13.2 if you can drive. I've heard of only one '05+ that matched that. I've seen afew people post the weight of their '05+ and it's almost the same as the Mach.

IMO...equal drivers, Mach 1 all day...Good driver in an 06 vs bad driver in Mach 1, edge to the 06...CAI is ruled out because you both have them, however the Mach 1 has that killer ram air scoop which is 10 times better anyway. The exhaust doesn't mean too much because it might just be an axle back. Even if it's a full exhaust the 06 is still heavier. The Mach 1 also has more power from the gate. All in all I'd put my money on the Mach. Just make sure to look under his hood for a hidden nitrous system, underdrive pulleys, etc...he might sneak a tune in but that should just about even things up...

If he has a CAI on the car, odds are it has a programmer with a tune. My car picked up over 23 to the wheels with a JLT intake and the stock tunes in a programmer. The mail-order tunes are a large improvement compared to the pre-loaded ones.

It's fair to assume he puts down an extra 25 to the wheels compared to his stock numbers with those mods alone even with an axleback. My lousy auto times can be seen in the sig with stock gears.

If he has a CAI on the car, odds are it has a programmer with a tune. My car picked up over 23 to the wheels with a JLT intake and the stock tunes in a programmer. The mail-order tunes are a large improvement compared to the pre-loaded ones.

It's fair to assume he puts down an extra 25 to the wheels compared to his stock numbers with those mods alone even with an axleback. My lousy auto times can be seen in the sig with stock gears.
Is that enough to make up for the extra weight...??