04 Spoiler removal

• Sponsors (?)

Yes it will fit tight again. I have taken mine off and on again and again trying to decide if I like it with or without.

I have decided to go without. Makes the car look sleeker. Took awhile but now I like it. Plan on getting it patched up for good in the spring.

I used stainless steel hex head button heads that I polished the heads on. Doesn't look to bad. The spoiler marks look worse.

I think some here don't realize that the spoiler/non spoiler is a preference.
Some like the spoiler,and some like no spoiler.That's what makes our car personnal,and different to one another.
I like both,but i preffer the spoilerless look on my stang.The next guy might like the "R" wing,or a salleen wing,but i would never say it looks like ***** (or a probe :nonono: ).
If he wants to go spoilerless,let that be his descision.Just like you spoiler guys like to go big on the spoiler. :) :nice:

1low03gt said:
I think some here don't realize that the spoiler/non spoiler is a preference.
Some like the spoiler,and some like no spoiler.That's what makes our car personnal,and different to one another.
I like both,but i preffer the spoilerless look on my stang.The next guy might like the "R" wing,or a salleen wing,but i would never say it looks like ***** (or a probe :nonono: ).
If he wants to go spoilerless,let that be his descision.Just like you spoiler guys like to go big on the spoiler. :) :nice:
werd. i had a white 94 probe, and it looks nothing like that guys white stang.

Gain 2MPH has to be bull, SVT had to RAISE the 00 cobra Rs spoiler that high to make it actually work, stock gets little to no wind.I dont know about you, but my cars spoiler WITH water on it after a wash, going 65 plus, the water moves slightly, but it never was blown off the spoiler, meaning not much wind was hitting it and the faster you go the less air you get hitting it, at 100 there will probably be nothing touching it.Now we all agree that the wing creates MUCH less drag than the hood scoop right? Well was there a trap difference between the 00 and 01 GTs, that will tell the tell, and if there is less than a 2 MPH loss in 01 then this is all bull for SURE.

Haaaa, thanks guys, I thought it said Mustang somewhere on the car, not Probe. Let me just go double check,,,, wait it is a Probe..... :rolleyes:
ford_probe.jpg

I personally am a big fan of the non-spoiler. I am thinking bout trying to trade my trunk of my 04 gt to maybe a 6 cyl trunk, so there no marks or anything. i assume those line right up. And as for the hood, you really think the scoop hurts it? Not to mention the other not functioning side scoops, god ford is awesome at aerodynamics

thebigtwinkie21 said:
And as for the hood, you really think the scoop hurts it? Not to mention the other not functioning side scoops, god ford is awesome at aerodynamics

The scoops are really not all that bad. They don't stick far enough out into the windstream to have a significant impact. What happens is a air pocket forms in front of the scoop which makes the airstream flow up and over it. Now if you take out the black inserts, or make your hood scoop functional by drilling out the honeycomb and drilling your hood, now you are dragging a parachute through the air.

SOme Mach 1 guys like to raise their hood scoops because they feel they are too close to the body and not in the airstream enough.

Same thing with the 2005 Mustang. Ford filled in the honeycomb partially on the front grill to improve the Mustang's aero. Open scoops like radiator grills or mesh of some sort add drag. Closed scoops do not.

I've done some windtunnel work at college. WHile i don't have any hard data on the Mustang's windtunnel effects, i am just applying what i saw from other objects.