1.7 roller and springs

There was a show on Power Block on SPIKE yesterday that had this trick tool to determine the proper length push rods when adding a cam. You mark the top of the valve, you slide the tool down in the push rod hole (which the tool is adjustable) and then you install the rocker arm you are using. You rotate the engine, then you take the rocker off. If the mark in the paint on the valve is in the center, you have the right push rod length. If it is to high, you need a longer push rod. If it is too far down, you need a shorter pushrod.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks to everyone on this forum for helping me to decide what is best for my car and what isn't. Given the fact that I'm not so good doing a good combination that can bring me favorable results I think that I'm gonna wait and buy probably a Top end kit like the Trick Flow and forget about about the guessing. Any comments are welcome as well as suggestions. Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks!!!!!

There was a show on Power Block on SPIKE yesterday that had this trick tool to determine the proper length push rods when adding a cam. You mark the top of the valve, you slide the tool down in the push rod hole (which the tool is adjustable) and then you install the rocker arm you are using. You rotate the engine, then you take the rocker off. If the mark in the paint on the valve is in the center, you have the right push rod length. If it is to high, you need a longer push rod. If it is too far down, you need a shorter pushrod.

That is not a trick tool..... that is an engine 101 procedure you need to do anytime you change anything (rockers, cam, mill heads, etc) in your setup. And in case you didn't know, here are the stock valve springs specifications, which I have verified with a few setups.....

Intake:
Valve Closed Installed Height: 1.8"@82#
Valve Open Installed Height: 1.33"@230#
Coil Bind Height: 1.250"
Lift to Coil Bind: .550"

Exhaust:
Valve Closed Installed Height: 1.6"@85#
Valve Open Installed Height: 1.15"@226#
Coil Bind Height: 1.090"
Lift to Coil Bind: .510" = why they “say” they work for .500” lift setups, in error.