1995 Cobra Questions

xherdlr

May 19, 2003
Hendersonville,Nc
Im going to look at a 1995 Cobra. I have been looking for a fox body coupe,but came across this Cobra. It is all stock with 77000 miles. Its owned by an older man keeping the car in the garage. He is asking $7500. Im not familiar with the SN95 cars and wondered what misgivings I should look for? Is this price in line for Cobras? Figured a little more... Any help would be appreciated...

Kelly

• Sponsors (?)

I would personally snap that up right now, if it's in as good a shape as you are stating. The miles are low enough, check the condition of the interior, pay attention to the side bolster on the drivers seat, and the drivers side floor mat. That will let you know if it was used more as a short drive, (getting in and out a lot) or if it was primarily used for distance. check the condition of the oil, pull the radiator cap and inspect it. also there is a vin sticker on all body panels, check if there all still intact, that way you know for sure if it has been in an accident.
When driving it, turn the A/C on high and get into it a bit, listen for pinging (usually when warm), this could be a sign of carbon buildup, all in all just look for the same thing you would on any other car.

For comparison, I would not sell mine for anything less than 12k, but I dont need to sell mine, and I have a little work done to it, which really takes away from the value depending on who you are selling to.

Offer low and negotiate, start the negotiating at like $5500, and let them counter. You might be surprised what someone in desperate need will say yes to, dont listen to sob stories either. Not trying to be heartless, but business is business.

i think balancers are prone to fail on these years:shrug:
u would probably notice that right away though

rear sway bars
steering shaft linkage will feel loose at the wheel,bad bumpsteer
odometer maybe?
sideskirts become loose,not a big deal though
i
m sure there are some others that will chime in

Sounds like a fair price...I do not know if I would offer 5500 out the gate though. I would almost take offense to that. Maybe 6-6500 though it is a cobra and IMHO a cobra in good shape with less than 100k miles is in the 8500 to 10k range...with broken A/C I would take 500-1k off that price so I think 7500 is a very fair price going off the low end, I would call it priced to sell fast myself (if it is in otherwise good shape all around).

The drive line is like the fox so 99% of it makes toyota/honda look bad if the thing had 1/2 the maint. done on time. The harm. ball. is the one thing to take a look at for sure.

I would have loved to of bought a cobra when I bought mine in 99...it took me 3months to find a 5spd manual GT with less than 60k miles for a fair price when I was looking though...almost bought a 96 cobra but the sales guy and I found out it was sold when we were looking for the keys to test drive.

Sounds like a fair price...I do not know if I would offer 5500 out the gate though. I would almost take offense to that. Maybe 6-6500 though it is a cobra and IMHO a cobra in good shape with less than 100k miles is in the 8500 to 10k range...with broken A/C I would take 500-1k off that price so I think 7500 is a very fair price going off the low end, I would call it priced to sell fast myself (if it is in otherwise good shape all around).

The drive line is like the fox so 99% of it makes toyota/honda look bad if the thing had 1/2 the maint. done on time. The harm. ball. is the one thing to take a look at for sure.

I would have loved to of bought a cobra when I bought mine in 99...it took me 3months to find a 5spd manual GT with less than 60k miles for a fair price when I was looking though...almost bought a 96 cobra but the sales guy and I found out it was sold when we were looking for the keys to test drive.

I was thinking 10 to 12k. My first impression..Whats wrong with this car? Proofs in the pudding...Well see when I get to look at the car...

Kelly

If its in great condition inside and out Id go for it, its a Cobra your not gong to get it for $5,000 but I think its priced within the ball park of what it should be if everything pans out on it.