2:15 am.....wth

drakesdad

Jul 29, 2005
Oregon OHIO
Just came in from the garage......been tearing down the GTP for lower and upper intake gasket.........not that simple of a job....:nonono:
Not hard work really just time consuming because of all the ****NIT that has to come off......could have started it tonight aka this morning but need to get a MAF gasket and fill it up with A/F.......knowing my luck something will be off tomorrow......:rlaugh: ..sorry guys...just a rant.....

• Sponsors (?)

Been there myself - I recall many an all-night or late night thrash. When the delirium sets in, I often do my best work. :D

Working in those tight confines does suck........

Best of luck with it Will.

Yeah Jt...I'm a freak like that......seems I get most work done at the weirdest times......but with the the little one it was the only time t get er' done.........I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow when I fire 'er up....

Cool....after chasing down a new TB gasket and a vacuum "T" and new bolt for the battery I filled up the A/F and changed the oil and started it up......ran like AZZ for 1 minute...turned it off and started it back up and it runs fine now......drove it around for about 40 minutes after letting the air out of the cooling system.......so far so good......except I'm beat......:D

Sheesh, that's a thrash. :hail2:

I'm sure it will keep running well. You might have had residual fluids, carb spray etc bogging it down initially.

Now go get some sleep. While doing so, the kids will put make-up on you. :D

That's funny JT.......You must know me well.......at 12 am I didn't have a place to purchase "brakeKleen" for residue removal.................next best thing.........choke and carb cleaner...........If I lived closer to you i would have raided your "still" for some of that 200 proof........I'll take it out for some harder runs before Saturday..........don't want to break down at Jacob's field..............go Indian's........

Guero said:
what mods are done to your gtp?
It's bone stock ..........for now. But the GTP site I went to had some pretty tricked out rides running low 13's and high 12's......seems like you go to a 3.4 pulley and change to a 3 inch down pipe, do a resonator delete, up the fuel injectors.......some other stuff I don't remember......I've thought about "dropping" in some mods but it's the family car for trips.......maybe later on:rlaugh:

you dont need all that crap to run 13's. Get a 3.25 pulley. bump your fuel pressure, homemade intake, and a good ass tune. I have 3 friends now with the same mods running mid 13's without an exhaust just what i wrote. And the best part, 0 knock. And here in AZ were it gets hot as hell!!!!

Guero said:
you dont need all that crap to run 13's. Get a 3.25 pulley. bump your fuel pressure, homemade intake, and a good ass tune. I have 3 friends now with the same mods running mid 13's without an exhaust just what i wrote. And the best part, 0 knock. And here in AZ were it gets hot as hell!!!!
Guero.....you azz.....:rlaugh: ...I ask you in another thread what your friend that outran you while your car was not running correctlly and you ignored me......:D Momma did ask me when I started modding mine what I could do to hers to "speed' it up a little.......:rlaugh:

i did respond twice to cuz you asked twice. i remember. But i thought you thought i was lying cuz on the gp forums they call us bull****errs. And no way we can ran those times.

Guero said:
i did respond twice to cuz you asked twice. i remember. But i thought you thought i was lying cuz on the gp forums they call us bull****errs. And no way we can ran those times.
You are correct about that brother.......they def. don't have love for the "rustangs" as they call it.....oh well......I love my stang....:rlaugh:

Guero said:
I must have missed the replies.....I would never think you would lie........sorry 'bout that......I do think I'm gonna delete that damn resonator .....