2001 GT vs. 95 GT

dxwags

May 17, 2004
Wisconsin
My buddy has a 95 stock GT. I have a 2001 with prochamber, magnapak catback, underdrive pullies, and cold air intake. For some reason he thinks he will beat me. Were gonna race this weekend but just wondering if I should be worried????

• Sponsors (?)

C.Harris said:
Has anyone considered why this "stock" '95 GT feels he can beat a blown car? Sounds fishy, either the guy doesn't have a clue as to what a power adder will do for an engine or he has an ace up his sleeve. I'd be real cautious if he asks you to run for $$$ Have you seen his setup with your own eyes?

The guys 2001 isnt blown. He said he only had a prochamber, pullies, etc...
Anyway, you should be able to kill this guy.

yeah we have the higher compression engine so we put out more power than the 95's do. I smoke my buddy all the time, he's a decent driver. One night he was running, bbk x, 3.73, drag radials, pro50, CAI, he couldn't get below 14.6 the whole night. I just have exhaust and was running 13.9

I know a guy in my neighborhood that has a "stock" '93 GT, but he has a bottle of spray hidden under the back seats- he hollowed the seats out, built a box under them and put his NOS in there so it was unseen- he even mounted the spray noze on the underside of the intake! Has made some serious money against other stock cars!

Crimson4.6 said:
The guys 2001 isnt blown. He said he only had a prochamber, pullies, etc...
Anyway, you should be able to kill this guy.

Whoops, it was an early a.m. read and I must have glanced over ProChamber and mistook it for ProCharger :D