2005 GT Conv - Added LED head/taillights!

sav0320

Feb 2, 2007
Detroit
:D Check this out, LEDs rock! :D

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

Christmas present for my two-year old daughter. 140mA total current draw. 10mm white LEDs in the head/fogs, 10mm red in each taillight bar, 5mm ambers in the front parking lights.

Attachments

• 37.jpg
    37.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 38.jpg
    38.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 39.jpg
    39.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 86
  • 40.jpg
    40.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 42.jpg
    42.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 43.jpg
    43.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 76
  • Sponsors (?)

Damn, those things look bright for a toy car!

Those white LEDs run $3.50 a pop, 4000 mcd output at 3.6v. I have these toned down a bit at ~19.6mA.

One thing that helps - the camera exposure time was 3-6s in most of them at 17mm, f/4, ISO400.

I glued down a layer of Al foil for the taillights to make a reflector.

Damn, to be a kid again!:D I wanted to get one for my son last year, but he's 5 so he wouldn't be in it for very long:( I have a nephew now so maybe in a few years:D

i must get one for my unborn daughter....................but i will add a stereo too :)

Yeah...I have an Alpine 9827 CD/MP3 and a set of 6x8 Rockfords laying around...was tempted.

It has a cheesy radio in the dash that plays two songs. Also plays engine revving and burnout sounds when you push on the key. That sounds cool! :nice:

PS - if you want one of these, they had the red one at Walmart...found it by accident when buying some ammo. Toys R Us had them, but only in pink or dark blue.
The LEDs cost me about $50.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4938646

Yeah...I have an Alpine 9827 CD/MP3 and a set of 6x8 Rockfords laying around...was tempted.

It has a cheesy radio in the dash that plays two songs. Also plays engine revving and burnout sounds when you push on the key. That sounds cool! :nice:

PS - if you want one of these, they had the red one at Walmart...found it by accident when buying some ammo. Toys R Us had them, but only in pink or dark blue.
The LEDs cost me about $50.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4938646
i saw the red one last year, but we werent expecting last year:D

I think i might make it a freewheel for car shows and just get a sound bite of my car ideling(my 65 of course) and just let her idle though the car shows:nice: .

Not to sure she's gonna get a pink one though:rolleyes:

I do like the lights though:hail2:

i saw the red one last year, but we werent expecting last year:D

I think i might make it a freewheel for car shows and just get a sound bite of my car ideling(my 65 of course) and just let her idle though the car shows:nice: .

Not to sure she's gonna get a pink one though:rolleyes:

I do like the lights though:hail2:

Both rear wheels have a motor, you could just remove the motors.
I think they run that car on sale for $199, not a bad price.

It comes with a 12v, 9.5Ah gel-cell.