2007 Crappy 2 Piece Spark Plugs

Dec 25, 2007
I know this was talked about in the past, but, it seems some of the posts regarding are quite old, therefore, I want to see input for updates. My GT is 2008, but early with the AA code and 2 piece spark plugs that are prone to issues upon removing. What is the best replacement plug for this type? I want to replace the plugs with the "one" piece design, just not sure on manufacturer or best brand. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Just take them out (following the TSB recommended procedure), put a little anti-sieze on the barrel and put them back in. I use Brisk but I'm F/I so had to change to colder plugs and close up the gap. I take mine out occasionally to read them and re-apply anti-sieze. No problem at all getting them out.

:nice: Agreed Champions are fine and perform, just follow TSB to the letter and be patient letting the old plgs soak for 30mins. before breaking loose. I got impatient and wanted to hurry up and broke 1 so I had to buy the extractor tool.

My Champion 7989 plugs worked great when I put them in Gapped at 45. But after about 20,000 miles on them I started getting rough starts and weak very low end power.

So I pulled them out and the two in the front opened up to close to 50. The front middle ones had opened up some too. I closed them all to just under 44 and now it runs great again.

Not sure if I did anything wrong putting them in, but I doubt it. I've done many others with no problem. Doesn't matter, I'd still buy them again. If I have to regap every 20,000 that's ok. But hopefully I did something wrong and won't have to again. Dang though, I install one side then the other, so for only the fronts to open up is strange. Maybe I had better leverage and over tightened them...:rolleyes:.