2JZ swapped Fox-body Mustang

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Just goes to show that anything can be built to go fast, so you should just build what isn't ghey. This dude was unsuccessful in that regard. :D

Not really much is needed to build a 2jz. In all honesty I love the sound of those engines... I love those last gen supras big time. A little weird to be in a mustang, but 10's? i'll take it. lol

I'm sorry, but I just gotta do this.

That car is different. In a sea of mustang after mustang it is refreshing to see a clean alternative to the same-assed 5.0 w/ add-ons go a 10. That combo wouldn't even garner my interest enough to look at it.
I used to Rant about keeping it all ford, and that there were plenty of other ford engines out there to make a swap really cool and worth looking closer at. AND I am about as FORD blue as they come. I used to hate the southern mentality of immediately pulling the 5.0 and stuffing in a small block chevy. (that is, if you wanna go fast according to the guy installing that engine) while I still hate to see the old LT small block chevy in a mustang, as an alternative, the LS series engines swaps are cool. LS-1's are all aluminum and they run and sound great!
If it's done nicely, AND if it's what you wanna do, I'm not gonna dog you for doing it.

Trust me on this. Speaking from experience:

pliner0184cr9.jpg

pliner0185aq0.jpg

img6320mediummq3.jpg

This Chrysler Conquest is basically a Mitsubishi Starion. It had a twin turbocharged/Air-to-water intercooled 363 ford engine in it. I built it as a street car, but it was a little too radical to drive it there,...Made 800 HP.
and that intercooler was inside the car under the dash, and it would go from "ice water" cold to 180 degrees after one hard pull to 16 lbs of boost.
I belonged to another board where the rest of the owners ( of Conquests and Starions) were whiney-assed purists wanting to see either the anemic 4 cylinder turbo left in there, or at least keep it chrysler, and swap in a 340/360 instead of the SBF. Needless to say, I got a lukewarm reception from the import car crowd, (Who I couldn't stand anyway) and the american car guys, as they thought it was another warmed up ricer that I was trying to pass off as a mustang/camaro. No love from either corner.
This all goes to say this......the guy swapped in something else. I assume it's a clean install. It's fast. Its different. Good for him. His belly button doesn't have the same ford blue lint in it that everybody else has.

still faster than my junk... a friend of myne has been 9.60's at 146 on a stock bottom end in his supra with like 140k on the clock, he finally broke the motor, but he beat the piss out of that car for YEARS that way with no problems. Thing didnt even have an oil pressure gauge in it lol. It weighed like 3400 lbs too.

This car was on passtime, and im pretty sure its bigdaddy's son...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl248NMYOok

I fully expect to see all you guys in favor of the mix n match getting breast augmentation and penis enlargement. I mean, chit, clearly if we can mix and match because the best this and the best that are ok to put together.. Unless you're telling me you have the best penis and you don't enjoy breasts....

Get a fuggin clue. It's not about only bleeing blue and only ford makes the best. It's about bastardizing.

If your notion was so smart, why is it not the popular choice? Surely you wouldn't respond because it isn't easy... Sure as hell wasn't easy for me to slave my ass off to afford turning my stang into what it is. It's never easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.