2v problems HELP!!!!!!

slo2v

Dec 26, 2009
hows it going im new to this site but i have a 2003 mustang gt it keeps throwing a p0354 and p0355 code i have changed the plugs and coil packs cleared the codes and they keep coming back. if anyone can help me i thank you. also i did a compression check and it was 180 on every cylinder

• Sponsors (?)

P0354 Primary Circuit Malfunction

P0351 through P0360 - Ignition Coil A through J Primary/ Secondary Circuit Malfunction
• Open or short in Ignition START/RUN circuit
• Open coil driver circuit in harness
• Coil driver circuit shorted to ground
• Damaged coil
• Damaged PCM
• Coil driver circuit shorted to PWR
The last digit identifies the circuit. The number has different meaning for coil pack and COP model cars. For COP applications, the last digit is the cylinder number. It is possible that the actual COP’s are bad. IMO, if the codes started at the same time, it is unlikely. It is much more likely to be a wiring fault in the low voltage primary ignition wiring or connections.

Have any recent work/mods been done?

Here’s is my recommendation:

1. Start by a visual inspection of the wiring harness to the #4 and #5. Look for burnt/chaffed wires, loose connections.
2. Verify the large engine connection is connected and tight. If the source of the problem can’t be found, consider cleaning the pin contacts with contact cleaner. Grease the pins with silicone dielectric grease.
3. At this point the COP should be ruled out. Swap/replace with a know working good COP.
4. If the codes stay the same, the wiring should be verified from the PCM to the actual COP. This will require wiring diagrams and a lot of work. I can help with the diagrams if it comes to it.
5. PCM itself may be bad.

Post the results and will go from there. Good luck.

I had a problem with my car shooting the p0352 code. It ended up being a combination of the boot on one of the COP's being cracked, causing it to short and misfire. This also included a weak battery connection as well. Hope this helps, just check your boots too, just to make sure that there aren't any shorts.

ok just started the car and with it running pulled the plug off the coils #4 and #5 no change so i switched the coil packs around and tried again same thing im gonna get the car in the garage and start going through the wiring i guess