2v to 4v....need advice

black35th99gt

Oct 20, 2006
I was wondering if i could do a 4v swap, i have a 99 gt that i was planning on buying a new cast iron block, but the description says a 2v production block, it is a ford racing block, and i also was going to do a 5.0 stroker kit with forged cobra crank, and i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on if it was better to stay with 2v or if i could do it, since i am going to build a new motor, i plan on using 99-01 heads and intake, do i need a computer, and other things? i am also going to a tubular k-member i plan on using my current tranny

• Sponsors (?)

The swap is possible but I've heard of having to fill in a coolant passage on a 2v block but im not sure. You should call a place like modular powerhouse or mmr. You're gonna need timing chains, timing gears, timing cover, throttle body with intake to the maf, headers, and I'm sure there are plenty of things i missed.

The ford racing crank isn't going to work for a 5.0 stroker, just get the kit with the forged Kellog. Honestly I wouldn't add more stroke on a 4v, they have enough stroke as a 4.6 and thats going to be alot of stress revving to 7k rpm.

The 4v swap is alot of money, but it has more potential. Its your car so u decide.