300 rwhp

• Sponsors (?)

what are the cam specs for the cam that comes in the topend kit for 350hp-370tq?

how much hp will i get with this combo?
afr 165 58cc chambers
edelbrock intake
longtubes
e-cam / 1.7 roller rockers
70mm mass air
24lb injectors

powermaxx said:
A question like that will bring out an answer as accurate as your average joe throwing darts. The general consensus with a full HCI combination (with moderately-matched streetable components) yield output in the 300-350 fwhp range.

87'GTstang said:
A question like that will bring out an answer as accurate as your average joe throwing darts. The general consensus with a full HCI combination (with moderately-matched streetable components) yield output in the 300-350 fwhp range.

+1. Its hard to tell just what you will get as it depends on many more variables such as engine attributes i.e. mileage, break in.... I would say you would be real close to 300whp though.

If your on a budget I would go with the GT-40 setup you were talking about in the other thread. GT40 heads, intake, 70mm tb, 1.6RR, and an E-cam should get you to about 300 and it wont break your bank. If money is not an issue go with AFR deffinately with a custom ground cam.

powermaxx said:
afr 165 58cc chambers
edelbrock intake
longtubes
e-cam / 1.7 roller rockers
70mm mass air
24lb injectors

Go to AFR's websight WWW.airflowresearch.com

There are aticles on combos with the 165 heads. 400fw hp should be a piece of cake with the 165's and a mild cam

There is actually an article there where they make 400fw hp and over 350 ft-lbs of torque from 3500rpm up on a used (completely stock) 5.0L and that's with the stock cam using out of the box AFR 165's with a CR of 9.0:1

Check out the articles

Even if you were to lose a very conservative 20% HP through the drivetrain and whatever you run off the crank, you're still looking at over 300hp to the wheels.

I'm gonna go with recommending a 150 wet shot... Pick your brand of nitrous.

Or you can do it the expensive way I did (AFR165s, Ported Cobra, Custom Cam (FTI), 1 5/8 longtubes, o/r H-pipe, and all the other basic bolt-ons.

Good luck however you try it.

Chris

i was thinking of buying the trickflow top end kit and selling the intake because being a truck i need the low end torque but i might just go with the mix and mach combo that i stated before

i dont want to use nitrous

i was looking for a simple way to get maximum hp out of some bolt-ons. wich ones are the best and what is everyone else doing to beaf up their foxes.

mikemustang289 said:
Go to AFR's websight WWW.airflowresearch.com

There are aticles on combos with the 165 heads. 400fw hp should be a piece of cake with the 165's and a mild cam

There is actually an article there where they make 400fw hp and over 350 ft-lbs of torque from 3500rpm up on a used (completely stock) 5.0L and that's with the stock cam using out of the box AFR 165's with a CR of 9.0:1

Check out the articles

Even if you were to lose a very conservative 20% HP through the drivetrain and whatever you run off the crank, you're still looking at over 300hp to the wheels.

You also lose power thru accessories too...that was also with a carb, on just an engine dyno. Those numbers aren't anything special...

I did 304hp/339tq years ago with the TFS combo, full accessories, shorty headers, 76mm maf and a 65mm tb. It needed LT's and a 75mm tb but still over 300rwhp none the less in 90*+ summer heat and humidity.

I did 322 rwhp with Ed Curtis (FTI) cam and AFR 165 heads, GT-40 with ported lower, 24lb inj, shorty headers, x-pipe, C&L 76mm, 65mm TB, and pullies. This was thru a 5 speed on a Dynojet. In all honestly, there was still another 5 hp to be had once I found a couple little problems with the MAF and a cold air intake I made. Anyway, it ran good.

Brandon

Trick flow track heat h/c/i package, good exhaust system, MAF & 24# injectors, 65-70mm TB, and a decent tune should get you 300 at the wheels.

Also depending on which dyno you go to you can get 300whp with only 260-270hp... lol.

Dave-
:nice: :flag: