331 stroker with 2.1 KB has anyone fabed IC

I have a 1994 Mustang GT with a 331 stroker (L&R engine rebuilder) with all forged internals and main girdle brace the KB is a 2.1 flowzilla set up, AFR 185's, Gt lower intake, BBK 75mm TB, BBK long tubes, JLT cold air, 42lb bosch injectors, KB boost pump, 255 LPH fuel pump so has anyone with any kind of success built a intercooler and what challenges did you encounter and what kind of horsepower can i expect?

• Sponsors (?)

The Eaton roots blowers have air to water to air intercoolers under the blower. Not sure how it works on the KBs, but I'm sure you can set it up the same.

Kurt

Thanks Toyman for the link to the website about the A2A set up looks like a cool but costly venture to get that set up to work anyone have any thoughts on what the cost would be. Still looking for some hp #'s on a set up like that unfortunately that guy didn't post any hp numbers.

I'm currently having Adam from ST motorsports in Fontana California look into fabricating a system for me. My set up for all the money I spent to get to this stage only netted me an extra 65rwhp over a stock motor as the intake temps are to high to see any real gains.

I don't get that external IC setup at all. How the hell does that work?? Anyway, the most common cooling solution for KB cars that I've seen is meth injection or a small shot of nitrous.
i saw that thread years ago when i had a KB on mine. they blocked off the discharge from the blower and bored a new discharge, then they ran piping through the intercooler and came back in on the other side of what they blocked off.

way too much work.

meth injection is a much better option, in my opinion.

I think it's just easier to sell the KB, and then buy a Centrifugal kit with an intercooler.

Kurt

Not at this stage I'm "bleep" deep into this now the Kenne Bell is lots of fun and i like the power it makes i know now that it would have been a lot cheaper to just buy a centrifugal SC with the intercooler but there's something about the KB that i like better it just has power every where especially down low out of the hole. The air to air will make a huge difference on my car.

Questions:

What size are those inlet outlet tubes?
What size is the aftercooler?
Do the 2.1L and 2.2L blower housings share the same external housing dimensions?
Are you running the larger Flowzilla/Blowzilla inlet?
What size throttle body and MAF do you run?

Not at this stage I'm "bleep" deep into this now the Kenne Bell is lots of fun and i like the power it makes i know now that it would have been a lot cheaper to just buy a centrifugal SC with the intercooler but there's something about the KB that i like better it just has power every where especially down low out of the hole. The air to air will make a huge difference on my car.

I guess if you are deep into it, then I would recommend just doing the chemical intercooler.

Kurt

Questions:

What size are those inlet outlet tubes?
What size is the aftercooler?
Do the 2.1L and 2.2L blower housings share the same external housing dimensions?
Are you running the larger Flowzilla/Blowzilla inlet?
What size throttle body and MAF do you run?

1.The inlet and outlet tubes are 3"
2.The intercooler looks like around 30"X18"X3" it almost spans the distance between the bumper supports.
3.Yes as far as i know they have the same internals.
4. Flowzilla
5. 75mm BBK TB and a JLT cold air with a 90mm MAF