331 stroker with 2.1 KB has anyone fabed IC

• Sponsors (?)

um, last i checked, the weekend is over.

either that or i went to work when i didn't have to!

stop holding out on us bro, geez

You almost sound more excited than i do to hear about the car but i'm on pins and needles waiting for the car to be done I called the shop and they are a little behind on the job and they are giving me a status update later today. Damn the car just can't get finished fast enough for me!!!:(

i actually have mixed feelings about KBs ...

i had a 1.8L KB for a while, and couldn't get it to stop pinging. then one day i was sitting next to a vette at a stoplight and the dude pissed me off, so i stomped on it. the busted ring (and ruined motor) caused me to decide stay NA and go big, hence the 410 under the hood now.

it turned out that there was a vacuum leak in the seal which is why i couldn't get the tune right

i actually have mixed feelings about KBs ...

i had a 1.8L KB for a while, and couldn't get it to stop pinging. then one day i was sitting next to a vette at a stoplight and the dude pissed me off, so i stomped on it. the busted ring (and ruined motor) caused me to decide stay NA and go big, hence the 410 under the hood now.

it turned out that there was a vacuum leak in the seal which is why i couldn't get the tune right

Oh man that sucks I've not noticed any issues with my set up yet but it's all pretty fresh so far I've got about 2,500 miles on my motor and the guy that tuned my car made a hell of a difference on how my car runs perfect and idles we will see how things run after we add more boost and finish the A2A intercooler but I'm thinking the hard part is over we are just trying to work on HP now. I can see why your not happy with KB if that happened to me I'd be pissed also but your car sounds like a killer ride.:nice:

I went by the shop last night and the car is behind schedule at the moment all the tubing is welded up and in place the Kenne Bell manifolds are going out for polishing today and should be back by Monday next week then final assembly next tuesday and dyno tune and should be ready to pick the car up Wednesday. Didn't take any photos i forgot my camera but the set up looks sick i can't wait to show all of you the final product.:canada:

I have an update the Kenne Bell manifolds and all the tubing for the intercooler should be back this wednesday and then hopefully thursday will be final assembly and then dyno tune thursday or friday which means I should have my car back this friday or saturday. Can't wait:nice:

Your setup is close to what I want.. What kind of numbers are you laying down right now? Also there is a guy in Fox talk who has a killer KB a2a intercooler setup.. Made a huge difference. I would rec. searching for it for some info, great stuff :nice:

Your setup is close to what I want.. What kind of numbers are you laying down right now? Also there is a guy in Fox talk who has a killer KB a2a intercooler setup.. Made a huge difference. I would rec. searching for it for some info, great stuff :nice:

I've seen that guys set up and video on youtube it's awesome that's what motivated me to do something about my Kenne Bell. My car's putting 365rwhp and 385ftlbs (6-7 psi) when the cars at 195 degrees but as the temp rises i lose about 20-30 hp.:notnice: The car runs great right now tons of torque down low just a blast to drive but after i spent the money on the motor i want the most out of my set up it'll come in around 450rwhp and about 500ftlbs of torque with about 12-14psi it should be done this friday I'll keep everyone posted.:D

Update the car has had some tuning issues the intake is restricting the motor from making the power it should so i'll have to work some more on the intake side of the blower like custom fab a 90mm throttle body and do some work on the flowzilla manifold to maximize flow the best numbers on the dyno at the moment is 381rwhp at 4500 rpm's and peak torque of 470 ftlb's at 3500 rpm's:canada:

Some pics:jaw:

Attachments

• _IGP6726.JPG
    _IGP6726.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 92
  • _IGP6728.JPG
    _IGP6728.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 103
Drove the car home last night what a monster out of the hole to about 5000 rpm the car just goes wow:nice: Now over the next couple of weeks I'll be modifying the flowzilla intake manifold and modifying to a 90mm accufab TB that should take care of any flow issues I'm having now. then I'll be able to wick up the boost and make the numbers i want and I'm entitled too you couldn't punch the smile off my face right now.:rlaugh: