3G ?

cheeks

Founding Member
Nov 30, 1999
Hello everyone,
I just got my 3G 130amp Alternator and new 4GA power wire from PA Performance and was wondering why in their instructions does it say to connect the stock black/orange wires??...I don't think that kind of ampeage is safe running through those small wires!...How does everyone have it hooked up?...thanx

• Sponsors (?)

Most of us don't hook those two stock charge wires up to the 3G alternator. I insulated the plug they're in (after making my stator wire connection) and hid the plug. Just insulate the wires or plug carefully since the other end is connected to the solenoid's battery lug (for voltage monitoring ability).

Good luck.

I think what they mean is to connect the new 4AWG and the old 10AWG wires to the same stud on the 3G. It's not necessary but won't hurt anything. If it was mine, I'd just leave the old power connector alone. It won't hurt anything to tie it up out of the way. Mine's been like that for years.

Do not connect the stock orange/black wires to the stock alternator lest you want your stang to burn to the ground :flame: Trust the wizard (Hissin). No need to cut the old connector off, in a pinch you could always hook up a stock alternator again. The stock wires were not made to handle the high amps. Heck they barely handled the stock amps :lol:

Welcome to the 3G gang:)

Did you fuse that 4awg power wire?

Glowstang93, ya the 4awg wire will be fused...thanx for the replies...I'm going to insulate the stock charge wires/plug, and only use the 4awg wire for the power out...thanx again