4.10's bolt ons vs. T/A

FST FORD said:
everyone always says a full bolt-on gt will run a ls1. ive owned both, i dont think so but thats just my opinion. not sure exactly what classifies as a bolt on but if it means t/a, u/d, intake, exhaust [midpipe and c/b no longtubes!], t/b plenum, some minor suspension work? gears maybe, etc the 'smaller' of mods..i dont see how you can hang with even a stock ls1.
I ran 13.26 @ 105.2 mph w/ the following mods: catback, midpipe, predator, 4.10 & mac cai. This is less than a bolt-on GT considering the only true mods (midpipe, predator & 4.10).

This LS1 territory (13.1-13.5 @ 103-106 mph). I don't see why I wouldn't hang with one? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Xcessiv said:
I ran 13.26 @ 105.2 mph w/ the following mods: catback, midpipe, predator, 4.10 & mac cai. This is less than a bolt-on GT considering the only true mods (midpipe, predator & 4.10).

This LS1 territory (13.1-13.5 @ 103-106 mph). I don't see why I wouldn't hang with one? :shrug:
well thats fine im sure you could hang with one if it was driven to that..i ran my bone stock 96 cobra to a 13.6; if a ls1 is running a 13.5 then somethins fishy because i only had a lid and my ws6 wouldve raped the cobra. what i was tryin to say was the avg ls1 13.1-13.5 would be lower if driven as well as some of us drive our mustangs; maybe the ls1 driver just sucks on avg :shrug:

oh and i ran my ws6 to a 13.8 @ 109 which adds to the theory that we cant drive our ls1s :)

ls has 70 cubes

ls-1 will kill you

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have beaten plenty of LT camaros and t/a's. I recently took on a LS-1 car for fun and to gauge my car. He was a car length ahead of me at 100 ft. then he really took off. i tried him at highway speeds 70-135 mph and it was worse. we need gas or blower to compete.

Those things are DARN fast. I raced my friends 02 SS before and he beat me...pulled by me at a SLOW walk. From 10-115 he was about 2 cars up. Not too bad. Through the 1/4 i would have been at his bumper. He has a dyno tune, and thats it.

I talked to a another camaro owner the other day and he has a ported TB, MAF, CB, lid, and a hypertec tuner....he runs 12.89s at "around 110"! I was like CRAP! FWI, where my track is the auto LS1s run 13.4-13.6 @ 103-104. The M6s run in the same zone too. I think I would beat or tie most auto Z28s as I have evened other cars that trap 103. Once my cams are here, I wont be SO worried about the LS1 cars.

I didn't buy a Mustang because it was the fastest thing on the road. I was actually in the market for an LS1, but I really didn't like the Camaro's styling as much as the Mustang...and WS6's (what I really wanted) in good condition was just too hard to come by.

The Mustang was a nice medium between exterior/interior style, V8 speed and rumble, and affordablilty/availability. If I was still 19 yrs old and only gave a crap about speed and damn everything else, then it may have been a different story...But being in my mid and soon to be late 20's, I see myself starting to care more about things other than a car's quarter or trap speed. I still want something fast that sounds good, but I've got other things to consider in my life now then back when I was 19.

97gtblue said:
the z06 was on it :nonono:
next time ill video tape it for you
i also ran a 380 hp to the wheels ls1 and had him by a half a car
i hate when the stang gets underestimated
i forgot to remove the chip from my list.. i sent it back it was garbage
your car comes stock with ~183rwhp, how do you figure a 100 shot and some bolt-ons makes up for 200rwhp. you beat the drivers not the cars

The LS-1 will kill you, a full bolt-on PI coupe (GT) can run 12's and win with them stock on the track. Mustangs are just beeter setr up for drag racing than F-bodies from the factory (exept under the hood) and usually get out of the hole quicker and can make good times with less HP.

But on the highway many bolton pi cars (like Modular2v's) will beat a ls-1 at the track, will lose at 100+ on the highway.

non-pi car running with an LS-1 NO, well not without a special olympian in the driver seat, and hell know because a non-pi Vert is even slower.

Saturday night my girlfriend and I were out cruising the main drag when a white LS1 Z28 vert starts messing with us. The guys ask me if my car is supercharged, to which I say "no"...then they say "follow us". My top was down and his top was up.

We go out to the frontage road, and I figure we'd just stop or maybe go from a 30-40 roll, but he accelerates to about 70, which is almost the top of second, so I start at the bottom of third when he punches it. I immediately started pulling on him, albeit slowly, and had about 1/2 a car by 110 when my car hits an aerodynamic wall with the top down and he started pulling on me.

We slow down to about 25 and he says "want to go again?" I say "sure, just let me put my top up" and all of a sudden they punch it. I was in second gear going 20mph and there was a car about 150ft in front of me, I have no idea what they were thinking. But they went to a gas station after that and I pulled in and talked to them. It was a stock 1999 Z28 auto.

They had video of the race...it was funny b/c the guy taking the video showed my car then cut to his buddy's speedo for a few seconds, then back to me...and I was ahead by a little ways. Yes, it was not a decisive win, but my car is stock save for weld-in flows. My top was down, too. I was/am very happy with my car.

jstreet0204 said:
Putting the same mods on an ls1 car is not nearly as easy though (except for gears maybe) so it will cost your more in labor or frustration if you are doing the work yourself.:nice:
no it won't.

Headers/exhaust and CAI with a tune will net you the best part of 400bhp (possible around 350rwhp), all easy mods and doable at home. TB change is easy as is intaske and there's only one cam to worry about.

Bill9000 said:
hopefully I dont start a flame war here, just curious...

I have tor ebuild my rear end, cause I didnt do soemthing right when I installed the 3.73's and now I'm going to 4.10's, and I was wondering...

after all the time and money, etc. making a 4.6 quicker, how would say a GT with 4.10's off road H, flows, K&N, etc. do against a '00 Ram Air Trans Am that was stock????
Dude, ud get slaughtered! Get a PI swap and sticky tires and u would do okay (probably still lose) in the 1/4 against it, but after that...byebye.

i have a mild tune on my 03 gt vert with a saleen blower kit full lenghts x magnas 42lb inj 373.i blow the paint off them t\a s from a roll top end low end what ever.got some big $$$ in it though.... :nice: