4.30 Gears

• Sponsors (?)

4.30 might be a little much if you dont drag race. 4.10 seems to be the most popular choice, followed by 3.73. It would be a big jump especially from 3.31 to a 4.30.

4.30s will put you around 2800rpms cruising at 75mph. Thats pretty high IMO, but you may feel differently. You might try getting on the hwy, putting it neutral, and revving to 3000 just to see how it feels. :shrug:

oh, I forgot to ask. Eaton Posi? Is that what comes stock on the car? Or is this an upgrade? I was just doing a burnout while turning today, and noticed it seemed to take forever for my inner wheel to lock up. Sort of sucked. I think the stock limited slip diff in this car is a little on the soft side. I have the stock 3.31 limited slip rear end.

If you do not plan on racing the car, get the 3.73 gear. If you want a little bit more go and do not mind the higher RPM on the highway, get the 4.10 gear. If you want to get it on like Donkey Kong, get the 4.30 gear (I wish I had gone with the 4.30 because I like to race the car and hot rod it around without a care about highway RPM).

They should be fine!
Mine is the auto and I love my 4.10s! I get about 40-50 passes a year at the track and drive it 20K+ miles a year as my DD. A buddy of mine has 4.56 in his with the manual and loves them. He takes his to the track regularly, but also is his DD, but most of it is local. His car is still N/A, but pumps out 391 RWHP with heads/cams/exhaust and tune. It's a blast to ride in and cruise with!

Most of us with automatics go with the 4.10's, and since you have the manual transmission with a deeper overdrive (0.68 vs 0.71), you can run 4.30's and turn the same revs us automatic guys do with the 4.10's. What I'm trying to say is: hell yeah - get the 4.30's!!! Do NOT fear the gear!

Thanks, I guess I will try the 4.30 out. I have had 3.73 in the head-swapped 98GT and it felt like it needed at least this! The old 98'er ran 13.5 @101 with no suspension, drag tires or any automatic trans upgrade. I beleive this 08 manual, should with good tires and an Eaton with 4:30, should at least, get good track times.

I was going to suggest 4.10s but I think your mind is made up on the 4.30s. Keep us updated, I'll be upgrading my gears in my 2010 in the future and I had 4.10s in my 05 and was very happy with them and always thought 4.30 might have been a little steep...then again, I didn't buy it for gas mileage :D