4.6 build how high of compression can it take?

432 RWHP N/A has been achieved by a 2V 5.0L Big-Bore. This car is currently the fastest N/A 2V car as it beat KenB's N/A 2V best time.

I have posted my dyno graphs and I don't feel like I need to do it again. Believe it or not, I don't really care. My car made 348 RWHP in full street trim. Dumping the exhaust and running a Power Steering Bypass belt it made over 360.

Strange, quite a few years ago, Modular Performance made 360 RWHP N/A with a 5.0L BigBore 2V that was little less radical than mine in a 5 spd Mustang. Most of the 5.0L N/A Big-Bores I know with 4V heads are over 400 RWHP. Those that are not are running stock 4V heads and cams.

Personally if the goal is over 350 RWHP, a supercharger is the way to go. I am not saying it is not. If a person wants to build a high compression N/A engine, I say let them. They do it right, they won't have an issue making 330 - 360 RWHP depending on how they go about it.

• Sponsors (?)

432 RWHP N/A has been achieved by a 2V 5.0L Big-Bore. This car is currently the fastest N/A 2V car as it beat KenB's N/A 2V best time.

I have posted my dyno graphs and I don't feel like I need to do it again. Believe it or not, I don't really care. My car made 348 RWHP in full street trim. Dumping the exhaust and running a Power Steering Bypass belt it made over 360.

Strange, quite a few years ago, Modular Performance made 360 RWHP N/A with a 5.0L BigBore 2V that was little less radical than mine in a 5 spd Mustang. Most of the 5.0L N/A Big-Bores I know with 4V heads are over 400 RWHP. Those that are not are running stock 4V heads and cams.

Personally if the goal is over 350 RWHP, a supercharger is the way to go. I am not saying it is not. If a person wants to build a high compression N/A engine, I say let them. They do it right, they won't have an issue making 330 - 360 RWHP depending on how they go about it.

Thanks for the info, your original post was a bit vague, I was waiting for you to reply to clarify things more. In your original post you made it seem you made that much power on a stock NPI motor, that's why I called the BS. With the current combo you described it's more believable. Thanks for clearing things up.

Thanks for the info, your original post was a bit vague, I was waiting for you to reply to clarify things more. In your original post you made it seem you made that much power on a stock NPI motor, that's why I called the BS. With the current combo you described it's more believable. Thanks for clearing things up.

Really, where did I say it was a stock NPI engine? My entire combo has been listed, oh I don't know, 4 - 5 times in the last 2 months. I am not retyping it out, there is a search feature, I suggest you learn how to use it, or is it beyond what you are capable of doing...

Really, where did I say it was a stock NPI engine? My entire combo has been listed, oh I don't know, 4 - 5 times in the last 2 months. I am not retyping it out, there is a search feature, I suggest you learn how to use it, or is it beyond what you are capable of doing...

Actually it was 98COBRA281 who said it coming to your defense. My mistake, but like I said in my previous post thanks for clarifying things. You don't have to retype it out there is something called a SIG feature under you user CP. Try using it to avoid people asking over and over again your mods. With the numbers you are pulling on a 2V people are going to want to know.

i dnt have money to put a blower or turbo on it other wise i would have done that in the first place and wouldnt have had to run it has hard and prob not blowin it up.
im pretty sure you can run 12.5:1 on 93 and than just put some cam2 in it to race it. and i know nitrous likes high compression. if you your telling me the only way to make power is threw boosting a 4.6, i think i will go to a 302 or maybe a 351

Wait....am I the only one who finds this a little strange. He can't afford a blower, yet he's able to afford to tear down his engine and replace the internal components, have it rebalanced and then put it back together all while adding cams and nitrous?

Exactly how much do you think that's going to to cost? You're looking at no less than $4,000 just in parts the way it is.....and that's only if you put it together yourself!

If it were me, I'd pick up a base Vortech kit, or add a little nitrous to my stock engine and call it a day. You'll spend the same amount of money and make as much if not more power and you won't have to even remove a valve cover to do it.

Tearing into your short block for any reason other than beefing up the bottom end for a power adder is a waste of time and money IMO. :shrug:

basicly i blew it up. i fried the rings and blew the head gasket along with 4 spark plugs and the right hand heads camber was blowin into each other so there for i have no choice but to rebuild it. i found 5.1 stroker kit for $1200 heads pi heads $300 machine work Bore the block- 165
Hot tank block- 75
Rebuild heads- 250
cams-400
i have headgaskets so i will only need a few gaskets hear and there so really im looking at a forged stroker motor for about $2600 i threw the exrta bit of money in there for stuff i break of forgot about

also i found a 5.0 for about $100 with everything under the hood and a 347 stroker kit is $1200 machine work should be about the same but i would have to get ahold of a gt40 intake cam is $200 either way should have a pretty hard n/a motor but i just dnt see the 4.6 making nearly as much power and the 5.0 n/a

Why don't you just pick yourself up a used PI engine out of an Explorer and call it a day. I won't make ungodly horsepower, but it'll cost you a lot less and be a lot easier than rebuilding your current engine. Not to mention you'll knock some weight off the nose with the aluminum block. :nice:

...and what 5.1L stroker kit did you find for $1,200?!?!?! Any one that I've seen costs at least 2-3 times that? Is that complete with rings, bearings and balance?

I can tell you from experience that you can take that figure you came up with, and double it by the time you get that thing back together. All the little hidden costs will creep up on ya and nickel and dime you to death. :notnice:

i have headgaskets so i will only need a few gaskets hear and there so really im looking at a forged stroker motor for about $2600 i threw the exrta bit of money in there for stuff i break of forgot about

i did my rebuild with stock cast crank & pistons, ported the heads myself, built the motor by myself, and put it in by myself, it was about $3,500 in parts........

so i dont know how you could build a forged stroker motor for $2,600..........

I suggest buying this (MMR 4.6 Street Mod 600 (up to 600HP) 2V, 3V or 4V
) is on Modular Mustang Racing for $2249 or step up to the 800hp for $2599 Then you can transfer everything over and get your car running for cheap. After that buy a vortech and make your 500+hp

how much will the charger kit run me? and in the mean time how much nitrous can i run?
also i will basicly have a donor 5.0 to work with that runs and drives. only thing im worried about is weather the 5.0 will bolt up to the t45

Before you consider anything MMR, do a thorough search on them. You will find they have many unhappy customers and quite a few complaints have been files with the better business bureau. There is some people happy with what they got from MMR and there is some that were screwed over by MMR. Personally, I would not buy anything from MMR the quality and workmanship that I have personally seen from them is pretty sad.

Before you consider anything MMR, do a thorough search on them. You will find they have many unhappy customers and quite a few complaints have been files with the better business bureau. There is some people happy with what they got from MMR and there is some that were screwed over by MMR. Personally, I would not buy anything from MMR the quality and workmanship that I have personally seen from them is pretty sad.

I went to the BBB and only saw two complaints, and of those, one was somebody complaining about their SCT, which I would guess isn't really their fault either.

I'm not trying to be one of those xbox/ps fanboys, but I've had my MMR 900 for quite some time now, going on 4 years. Even after I had my parts damaged in shipping on the way there, (totally my fault in stuffing heads in a box they shouldn't have been in) he still fixed them and worked it out, throwing some goodies in that he definitely didn't need to. With that said, I haven't had a problem with their craftsmanship in any way. I had my block built to rev extremely high, and pushed it well past 7500rpm with a couple of people in the car just to prove that it could be done. I've also trusted them with many of our customers, and we have yet to see one fail, or hear even a single complaint from any of them. Maybe I'm just lucky... maybe those motors are built to very common boost specs and have all the additional upgrades or proper supporting mods, or maybe they build them better because they know that I'm ordering it, who knows. :shrug:

Honestly, the only I complaint I would have, if you can even consider it, is that they've been slightly slower than their promised delivery time, and that happened only once. I understand that businesses can become rather busy, and sometimes the guys on the phone are quoting the usual times, perhaps not knowing that there may be a backlog of 10-20 motors... but then you need to realize that they're not putting a box in a bigger box and slapping a sticker on it, but rather arranging for a freight company to come by.

Sure, there are some great engine builders, but for their services, you can expect to pay significantly more. For what it's worth, I think they build great engines for a rather acceptable price, and it's pretty hard to beat that. I've been here on StangNet for quite some time now, and maybe those MMR bashing posts were posted on my day off, again, who knows. :)

Also, if you're ever in the San Diego area, drop me a line, and maybe you can personally see some stuff that isn't so sad :nice: