4.6 vs 5.0

• Sponsors (?)

As far as an easier swap, I would go with a 5.0. The 5.0 re-uses a lot of the same chassis parts and wiring as the V6, which will make the swap easier. Check out the Cobra clone link in my sig for my swap from a 94 V6 to a 5.0 Cobra.

A 4.6 uses a different fuel system, which means you will have to change the fuel pump and possibly the wiring to the pump. I believe you will have to change the k-member as well, and may have to re-wire the dash as well.

IMO, it's simply easier to switch to a 5.0.

i am new to the mustang world. i just got a 94 v6 5spd mustang without the motor, but the trans came with the car. what motor would you go with 4.6 or 5.0. :shrug:

You realize you're asking on a 5.0 forum, right? Not saying we're not giving good advice, just realize that most of us have a biased toward the 5.0, so you may get a different opinion if you ask it on the forum for the mod motor SN 95s.

Course, you'd be a fool to listen to those guys cuz they're all Fast&Furious, fart-pipe running wanna-bes...:D

As far as an easier swap, I would go with a 5.0. The 5.0 re-uses a lot of the same chassis parts and wiring as the V6, which will make the swap easier. Check out the Cobra clone link in my sig for my swap from a 94 V6 to a 5.0 Cobra.

A 4.6 uses a different fuel system, which means you will have to change the fuel pump and possibly the wiring to the pump. I believe you will have to change the k-member as well, and may have to re-wire the dash as well.

IMO, it's simply easier to switch to a 5.0.

Not only that but it's easier to make 400hp N/A with a 5.0. Than it is with a 4.6. A hell of alot cheaper too.

what year of 351. also what kind of car

Try and find a late model block that is already setup for roller lifters. That will save you a lot of money converting the engine to a roller setup. I know the Lightning blocks didn't come with roller lifters, but the block was already drilled and machined for them.

Kurt

Try and find a late model block that is already setup for roller lifters. That will save you a lot of money converting the engine to a roller setup. I know the Lightning blocks didn't come with roller lifters, but the block was already drilled and machined for them.

Kurt

I did not know that Kurt :eek:

Then again ... The older I get .......
the more I know what I don't know :rlaugh:

Wonder why Ford did not use the roller lifter in the L block :scratch:

Grady

I did not know that Kurt :eek:

Then again ... The older I get .......
the more I know what I don't know :rlaugh:

Wonder why Ford did not use the roller lifter in the L block :scratch:

Grady

Yeah, I did heads and cam on a 94 Lightning a few years back. I thought it was odd too. But when you order the cam and lifter kit for the Lightning, it comes with that tray and everything. You just take the flat tappet lifters out, and bolt in the roller setup in just like you would on a 5.0.

Kurt