4" cowl hood pics and questions

Husky44

10 Year Member
Sep 27, 2006
Tacoma, WA
Guy on C-list locally has a 4" cowl hood for sale for $550.

1) Anybody got one installed with pics they can share?

2) What brands/vendors are good sources, where should I stay away from?

3) Is this a decent price? Not paying shipping to AK makes it almost a screamer deal in and of itself, but wanted to know what it would go for in the lower 48.

Thanks,
Greg

• Sponsors (?)

Guy on C-list locally has a 4" cowl hood for sale for $550.

1) Anybody got one installed with pics they can share?

2) What brands/vendors are good sources, where should I stay away from?

3) Is this a decent price? Not paying shipping to AK makes it almost a screamer deal in and of itself, but wanted to know what it would go for in the lower 48.

Thanks,
Greg

steep.... id hold out...

Is it just a straight cowl, or is it a Cobra R style cowl? This is my 4" Cobra R style. $550 sounds like a lot of money, but I don't know how much it would cost to ship a hood to Alaska if you got it anywhere else. And the odds of another hood coming up locally probably aren't too great.

IMG_3008.jpg

IMG_2997.jpg

Kurt

Mine had a 4" Harwood hood on it when I bought it. I hated it ... it was one of the first things I took off. That and the wing and the wheels.

For reference, the Harwood 4" hood I had currently goes for $534 at Summitt. So I'm thinking that $500 is not really that great a price, but the lack of shipping does make it more attactive.

Here is my car when I bought it:

Some pictures

hood1.jpg

hood2.jpg

hood3.jpg

hood4.jpg

Thanks for the pics--it helped confirm what I thought--4 inches is taller than I want for mine.

I don't think it's a Cobra R hood either; it still has the location for the stock fake air extractors.

Im gonna pass, but good info.

FYI, the shipping is a BIG deal-- $4-500 to get it up here in one piece.:eek:

Kurt your car looks sweet and your buddies red car looks very sweet as well.

Chris, dang your car looked like the fricken batmobile haha. But I am kinda with Kurt, I think it COULD look good without that wing, without the light covers, a good stance, and better wheels and tires. I think all those things make the hood just look horrendous when you add em all together.

I think the 4 incher can look good sometimes, but generally I like the sexy subtle 2.5 cobra R :nice:

4" of hood is a lot to look over, especially if its a daily driver..my 2.5" hood is right on the line of having good visibility.. i like the looks of the 3" hood too but thats when it starts really cutting out your line out sight.. 4" belongs on a track or show car.. just my 2 cents.. everyone has an opinion..

BLCK95GT- yours is sweet with that hood..:nice: