425 RWHP on NA 96-98 GT

04YELLOWGT

Jun 29, 2005
Indiana
A guy I know said hes pushin 425 NA RWHP on a 96-98 GT engine. I called a BS not to his face because I dont want to argue with him. It dosent even look like it has new catback on it but I dont even think its possible to push that much power going NA on a 96-98 GT engine.

• Sponsors (?)

Well lets see, I have

C/B- 20 hp
X Pipe - 25 HP
K&N- 10 hp
C&L CAI- 15HP
Ram Air Shaker- just looks cool
Billet Antenna-cuts wind resistence= 10 hp
Chin Spoiler (see above)= 15 hp

Damn, that only puts me at about 375 rwhp, that puts me close though.

droptopponynj said:
please tell us how!
No chit.

CatmanJJ said:
Well lets see, I have

C/B- 20 hp
X Pipe - 25 HP
K&N- 10 hp
C&L CAI- 15HP

That antenna adds at least 20rwhp. :mad:
You also have 2 extra valves per cylinder. ;)

CatmanJJ said:
Well lets see, I have

C/B- 20 hp
X Pipe - 25 HP
K&N- 10 hp
C&L CAI- 15HP

each of those mods came with stickers...if you put them on it will get you to 425rwhp.

speedfreak98r said:
Seriously- Rebuilt engine, with head work, aggresive cams, intake, 116 octane, hi compression, etc. Theres plenty of them out there..Although most are not daily drivers.
Really? show us. The most i've seen from a 4.6 2V NA was 360rwhp. That was KenB's car from ModDepot. He was running flat tops, serious head work, P-51 intake(race version), aggressive cams, built shortblock, race fuel etc etc and was still 60-65 rwhp shy of 425rwhp. Now maybe he could have forged the crank and spun the motor higher but thats not gonna get you 60rwhp on these 2V's.

:rlaugh: Really, I would bet that it could not be done. I think I could get one to 400RWHP by means of some tricks I know...but thats PUSHING it. And it really wouldnt be streetable...yet I pretty sure I could do it on pump gas. If not id just spray some meth to add some octain.