50th Anniversary Speculation and such

jbarrington

May 22, 2010
We currently have an '06 GT (a fair weather toy with 6k miles), but my wife is talking about wanting a 2014 50th anniversary edition when it comes out. I wouldn't mind stepping up one place from that with getting the '14 Shelby if it's available. However, I'm hearing mild rumblings that Ford could get rid of the V8 by that time. I realize this is still a little far away from '14, but has anyone heard of what might be planned or included for 50th version, at least for the engine, possible body style, and other possible perks and tweaks? At the very least, I'm more concerned about the possible available engine size.

Also, which is sort of related, are there any plans to increase the engine size beyond the 5.0?

• Sponsors (?)

From what I've learned Ford isn't exactly clear (atleast this past winter) what direction the 2014 Mustang was going to go. There are 3 directions

1: Affordable sports car as current production
2: M3 type sports car with IRS and latest goodies
3: Which is least likely but being considered is a Nissan GT-R type vehicle

Personally I'm hoping they'll stay with number 1. As for engine size, 5.0 is the biggest they will go and there are no plans to drop the V-8 in the next Mustang especially if new Focus, Fiesta and 2013 Fusion sales are successes, that will allow Ford some room to meet C.A.F.E. standards